Project name: JoomlaFlex

lazar.mihai
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Project name: JoomlaFlex

Post by lazar.mihai » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:35 pm

The design patterns used in Joomla are, in my humble opinion, abstract enough to allow them to be implemented in other programming languages. Adobe Flex 2 is  promoting a new way of developing flash web applications.

My idea is to write the base design patterns in AS 3.0 and run the Flex CMS using a JServer and a request/response xml pattern that can mark the communication between our flex/flash web site and the joomla database.

The framework could allow the design of specific containers in our database, by this I mean developing components/modules for the joomla driven web site, or design an entire web site using flash, and joomla for database related operations.

The key for this is the communication pattern that we use between the JServer and JFlexServer ( this are names that I propose). Flex is a lot easier to use than PHP, although once we can apply design patterns in development the programming language is of little concern  :P.

This is the direction I think Joomla could approach in the not so distant future. Hope you'll find it interesting.

tsimpo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Project name: JoomlaFlex

Post by tsimpo » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:03 pm

adobe flex server needs licence. How about openlaszlo?
Joomla sites. http://www.webcase.gr Υπηρεσίες Internet, websites, Joomla! dedicated services.

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Have not seen the project proposal  ;)

elovesong
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by elovesong » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:35 am

lazar.mihai wrote: The design patterns used in Joomla are, in my humble opinion, abstract enough to allow them to be implemented in other programming languages. Adobe Flex 2 is  promoting a new way of developing flash web applications.

My idea is to write the base design patterns in AS 3.0 and run the Flex CMS using a JServer and a request/response xml pattern that can mark the communication between our flex/flash web site and the joomla database.

The framework could allow the design of specific containers in our database, by this I mean developing components/modules for the joomla driven web site, or design an entire web site using flash, and joomla for database related operations.

The key for this is the communication pattern that we use between the JServer and JFlexServer ( this are names that I propose). Flex is a lot easier to use than PHP, although once we can apply design patterns in development the programming language is of little concern  :P.

This is the direction I think Joomla could approach in the not so distant future. Hope you'll find it interesting.
I think this is an interesting project!!! FLEX is a powerful tools for web application, but it a bit costly,right?

deborahSusan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by deborahSusan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:33 am

Are you going ahead with this?

Your observation is astute; the Internet is alive, growing and you seem to be in step with it's pulse!

It's a great idea and I encourage you to present a proposal, lazar.mihai !!

Return to “Past Google Summer of Code Editions”