User rights management for joomla

AtamanErmak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User rights management for joomla

Post by AtamanErmak » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:02 pm

Hello there.

As far as I remember, there was such a project year ago (successfully done). And it's still not in joomla, even 1.5. I really need flexible user rights management system for site I'm making and looking for. :) If you still need that stuff (for some reason) or need extra features there, I would like to write this project.

My name is Alex and I'm from Russia (sorry for my English btw). I'm studying Computer science in Moscow State University. I know php,mySql,html... Hmmm... I've wrote some modules and mambots for my site, rewrote (changed a bit of functionality and removed some bugs) some 3dParty components.

Again sorry for my English, hope you're interested, Ataman
Last edited by AtamanErmak on Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: User rights management for joomla

Post by willebil » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Please read the student guideline document, and if you think you have a project then submit it to the Summer Of Code program. All info on the last years Summer Of Code can be found in the developers section (http://dev.joomla.org).

AtamanErmak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AtamanErmak » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:48 am

Well, surely I can aply to the summer code. But I really want to know if you need that.

And... I know that project won the previous Summer of Code
          I know that you still need the ACL implementation (it is also a user rights management)

The questions: What was the URM project about if it was without ACL? Can you provide some aditional information about the curent state of developing it (I mean ACL)?

/* Please be patient, I understand that everything I need is possible to find here... And if you don't have time (or just bored to answer stupid questions) I will try to find it myself. But if you can answer I will be really happy (Even if you post just a link). */

Sorry for taking your time, Ataman
Last edited by AtamanErmak on Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

willebil
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by willebil » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:17 am

I seldomly are bored with Jooml!  ;) Take a look at the mentor guideline post, there is an example described of possible project. Maybe this also inspires.

Maybe this is not of help in your case, but we really want students to come up with their own project proposals so there is a basis for motivation. Joomla! is far from complete (in fact it will never be finished), so we can use numerous features, don't let my ideas hold you back to propose something. If you have a good idea, just give it try!

AtamanErmak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AtamanErmak » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02 pm

Oh I really have a motivation. I need that for site I'm running. It's Department of neurobiology in Moscow State University's site...

AtamanErmak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by AtamanErmak » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:16 pm

I've submited the project. Hope to start working soon :)

arsene
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by arsene » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:27 am

Let us know where to find your extensions (here thnaks to a link to the GForge page)

Thanks for working for the free software community (my own English isn't the best, but I guess you understand!)

I fond your work useful, a priori, so I hope it will be successful!!

Philipcare
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Philipcare » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:41 am

When will Joomla 1.6 become available?
And can we be sure it will have the User rights feature in order to allow users to administer their own sub-webpages?
The "solution" of installing several JOOMLA! on a single server will certainly not allow to do a SEARCH over all existing JOOMLA website(s) on that server :D

Philipcare
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Philipcare » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 am

hilmar
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hilmar » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:15 pm

Is it possible to create an author's space just for one author?!

As a newbee, I can not see, if it is possible to create a space where just one author can have his texts (respectively several authors their texts), readable possibly for everyone, but editable only for him (exept superadmins).

This would be an important feature for academic cooperation projects, that do not share in every respect the wiki-spirit (still having possibly wiki-areas of free collaboration).

You seem to discuss this problem here...

So is there a module or plug-in to manage individual user-rights? Or could/would somebody program one (I'm not suffiently capable in PHP/MySQL, I'm afraid...)

Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!
:-[ :laugh:

jamin123
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jamin123 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:32 pm

i am facing the same problem... i am also working on a project where in, i have different department and each department should have a moderator that can edit whatever is in his department but has no right to enter and change the other area

Return to “Past Google Summer of Code Editions”