JOOSCO: An Alfresco extension for Joomla!

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
dhjiz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JOOSCO: An Alfresco extension for Joomla!

Post by dhjiz » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:27 am

EDIT: The first release of the Joosco Extension is available at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/joosco/

Hi,

I'm currently making a "Bridge to Alfresco" module for Joomla. Using the Alfresco PHP Library, included with the module, I have a problem now for authentication.

To get access to the Alfresco Repository, I would like to use the joomla users. I admit that the users are the same in Joomla and Alfresco, and the passwords are the same too.

The problem is, I just have the hash of the passwords in Joomla and Alfresco, and for the same password, they are not identical. I would like to know if there's a way to get the clear password of the users in order to authenticate them to the Alfresco repository.

Thanks.

Dhjiz.
Last edited by dhjiz on Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhjiz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Alfresco Module for Joomla!

Post by dhjiz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:32 am

Finally I've found tutorials for making an MVC component for Joomla 1.5, and the v0.1 of the extension is finished and will be released soon.

Now, for the v0.2 I would like to manage internationalisation, but the Joomla tutorial for that doesn't exist. I'll search for resources. If someone have any resources about this, please post it here.

Thanks.

dhjiz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dhjiz » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I pleased to announce that the beta version of this module is out and ready for downloading!

You can get it on the sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/joosco/

Thanks
Last edited by dhjiz on Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txakin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: JOOSCO: An Alfresco extension for Joomla!

Post by txakin » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:12 pm

Hi, how are you?????

It sounds nice the utility......but maybe i have some questions.

I´m new using Joomla..... I don´t know if Joosco can be installed in Joomla 1.0.13....this is the version i´m using....although before i was using Joomla 1.5 RC2 (i changed because i couldn´t find some extensions i need).

Another question, i have checked with the phpinfo.php if i have PHP SOAP installed.....the result is i don´t have yet.
I have downloaded it (SOAP-0.11.0.tar), but i don´t know where i can put the folder...

Please, can you help me?

Thanks in advance and thanks to upload the Joosco extension.

dhjiz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dhjiz » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:30 pm

Joosco is made to work only with Joomla 1.5 RC and above.

Well, I used Debian to install the PHP-SOAP extension, using apt-get, I don't know how to install it manually, it depends on your distribution.

code_tweetie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by code_tweetie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi dhjiz,
dhjiz wrote:Hello everyone,

I pleased to announce that the beta version of this module is out and ready for downloading!

You can get it on the sourceforge page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/joosco/

Thanks
I'm trying to use joosco-v01 from sourceforfe.
I'm using Joomla 1..5.17 and Alfresco 3.

1. Do you know if Joosco-v01 will work with these versions of Joomla & Alfresco ?

2. Though I'm logged in Alfresco, I'm getting this error message in Joomla frontend.

'You are not logged in to Alfresco, so we can't provide any documents. It can happen if the Joomla and Alfresco user names or passwords don't match, or if you're not logged in to Joomla.'

My joomla & alfresco username & passwords are same.
Is there a place (script) that I can debug & verify this ?

Do you have any documentation/tutorial somewhere ?

Thanks in advance,
code-tweetie

code_tweetie
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by code_tweetie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:04 pm

I got the problem solved.
Actually I hadn't setup the joosco plugin properly configured.

Thanks to dhjiz for joosco.

mnf59
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mnf59 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:12 am

Hi, i've just downloaded and installed Joosco v0.1 and have the same problem. I have Joomla 1.5.20 and Alfresco 3.3g on the same Ubuntu virtual machine, if i connect to joomla with http://192.168.44.133/joomla with my user (admin) i can login to joomla, if i do the same with http://192.168.44.133:8080/alfresco with same user and same password i can login to alfresco.
I've setted up joosco plugin to this URL http://192.168.44.133:8080/alfresco/api and when i click on the menu item create as in the INSTALL doc i have this error:

"You are not logged in to Alfresco, so we can't provide any documents. It can happen if the Joomla and Alfresco user names or passwords don't match, or if you're not logged in to Joomla."

How did you solved this isssue ? Is there a log file or something else to read ?
Thanks

phycottroter
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

installation problem

Post by phycottroter » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:55 pm

Hello,
When installing joosco plugin under joomla 1.5, I obtain the following message :
JInstaller::install: Echec lors de la copie du fichier : /var/www/localhost/htdocs/joomla/tmp/install_4c9510ded605c/plug_joosco/joosco.php vers /var/www/localhost/htdocs/wsite/plugins/authentication/joosco.php
Have you a solution?
Thanks

alexandregomes
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by alexandregomes » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Hi, I installed the plugin and component joosco okay, but when I enabled the plugin, logins fail, own login he needs to make the connection to the alfresco, when I tried to go get a administrator he always gives error...

Anyone know why the plugin is activated when he blocked the logins on joomla??

er_prafful
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by er_prafful » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:36 am

i am facing a problem in this component as the items inside the user homes are not visible at the joomla font end can any body help me out?

Return to “Modules”