Unpublished Modules still showing

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
LEDGuy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Unpublished Modules still showing

Post by LEDGuy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:37 pm

I have searched the forum for an answer to this but no luck. I am working on a site and have unpublished a few modules and added others. They all show correctly until to go to checkout. When the page refreshes after clicking on go to checkout the unpublished modules reappear and the cart empties. The test site where this is happening is http://twrecktest.com . I have done the exact same thing on another test site and did not have the problem. I have compared settings side by side and they are the same.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Harvey

Added: I have deleted the test site and I will reload and try again. Thanks for reading this but I will have to let you know if I get the same issue after the redo.

deron
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Unpublished Modules still showing

Post by deron » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:57 pm

When you unpublish a module but you then find that it still shows up as published in the frontend, what happens at times is that there are two identical modules. You find the one you want to disable, you disable it, but actually there is another with an identical name.

In the module manager, try to use the filter and filter by type or position or name

If you start filtering by type, you will see that there is a similar module with the same type that is still enabled. Disable it and check to see if the module still shows up.

Hopefully that should solve the problem.

For more information about other causes, see this post

https://www.eukhost.com/forums/f15/joom ... tly-12828/

Return to “Modules”