latest news module not showing articles

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
bevco
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

latest news module not showing articles

Post by bevco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 pm

I can't seem to get the latest news module to show the articles. I checked and they are in the correct section and category, I have them set in the latest news module but all it shows is the title with no listing :( What else do I need to do???
Bev
Mt Garfield Software

pontikos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: latest news module not showing articles

Post by pontikos » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:37 pm

I have some long time to work with this module but I think it is only showing the articles title and have no more options to display intro text or anything else. So you possible did it right but if you are looking for a different output maybe you should try another module.

bevco
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bevco » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:32 pm

OK thanks :)
Bev
Mt Garfield Software

gAdakty
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gAdakty » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm having a similar problem. In my case none of the module associated with news display seems to function. I've tried the news flash, latest news and other modules like Displaynew by BK. Anyone knows anything about this problem?

bevco
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bevco » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:54 pm

I found that Mini FrontPage works quite well. I had to go into the css to make the fonts what I want them, but they show a small part of the news item....see "Latest News" on http://www.mailboxclub.org/mgs_cms/index.php/media
Bev
Mt Garfield Software

JamesTuttle
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by JamesTuttle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Greetings! Found the fix to this issue. In order for articles to be displayed by any of these modules they MUST belong to a custom category and section. Not sure why, but un-categorized articles wont' show up.

Return to “Modules”