The hot Transmenu 2.0 for Joomla is out! Topic is solved

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tanko55
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: The hot Transmenu 2.0 for Joomla is out!

Post by tanko55 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:26 am

Hi
I juz installed Sting Rey's Tigra Menu 2.0.1, but it can't work and there is nothing appear at the menu. I think i might screw up something. Could anyone help?

Here was what I do:
1) installed the module at installer->module.
2) do the config at modules->site module: setting is in default. I select "publish" the menu. and then that is it!

Do I miss out some other setting? Anyway must I put in the folder in the modules folder at my server to my templates folder? It seem to me all those files in the modules folder should put into the templates folder! Maybe I might be wrong, so hope someone could tell me the whole procedure of setting up the Sting Rey's Tigra Menu 2.0.1 drop menu......desperately needed help pls.

regards
tanko

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by speleo » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:59 am

Why dodn't you start another thread for Sting Rey's Tigra Menu?

warmac
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by warmac » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:03 am

If my memory is correct, you need to defined which menu set will be using tigra menu

Go into site mods, click tigra menu and somewhere in the middle of that page it gives you an option to choose which menu you want to apply tigra too ie main menu, top menu, etc

you have that 1 step to go and it should work,

jimpa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by jimpa » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:03 pm

Have you set up the child menus to be used with the menus? 

1) Create a new menu item under mainmenu
2) Create another menu item under mainmenu, but this time choose the item in #1 as the parent (there is a pulldown menu called "Parent Item")

This is crucial to making any dropdown menu system work.

By the way, if you want to customize the placement of Transmenu, you need to attack the .transMenu class in the CSS for Transmenu.  Took some work but eventually I was able to put it just where I want.  See attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

buddhaboa
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by buddhaboa » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:56 pm

Hi

I just installed Transmenu 2.0 for Joomla on Joomla 1.0.3 and have encounted a problem with my template.

I am using the MS_wideslide template from mambosolutions.com and if I deactivate the menu the template came with and replace it with the much better Transmenu template, NO content appears in the body of the site.

The content blocks are on the site and drawn, but the content itself is missing.  It seems to screw it up somehow?

Does anyone use the MS_wideslide or know what could be causing this problem?

Thanks

tanko55
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tanko55 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:33 am

Hey ,

If you want to have fast solution and solve it immediately, use Stingrey Tigra menu, fast setup and easy to use. I juz used it couple of days ago.

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:10 am

jimpa wrote: By the way, if you want to customize the placement of Transmenu, you need to attack the .transMenu class in the CSS for Transmenu.  Took some work but eventually I was able to put it just where I want.  See attached.
Did you get it in the same place in Firefox and Internet Explorer?

navin123
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by navin123 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:40 am

Good work on the menu.  :)

How to customise the colors of transmenu. My page colors are brown and trans menu is red. Please advice.
http://www.mangaloreworld.com
Lots of components & Modules used.

mlangham
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by mlangham » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:22 pm

In the previously mentioned/queried Tigra menu system, it is simply done in the "css" file for the menu.

in a file called: dm-t.css
located in a directory: css
in a directory: dm-t_2-0-1
in the modules directory

hope that helps.

navin123 wrote: Good work on the menu.  :)

How to customise the colors of transmenu. My page colors are brown and trans menu is red. Please advice.
Let me be confident enought to be humble

arniej
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by arniej » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:23 pm

sunsetonline wrote:
eric wrote: Anyone else have trouble with Transmenu 2.0 and Safari?  It seems that Grandchild menus aren't showing under safari.
This seems to be a Safari issue. I'm not sure if there is anything the author of TransMenu could change to make third-level menus work in Safari.  At any rate, don't worry about it being your site or your implementation.  I've done a lot of messing with TransMenu and looked at a number of sites that use TransMenu successfully, and none of them have third-level (grandchild) menus in Safari.
???

Not true.  I do!  Safari 2.02 and Transmenu 2.02 DO NOT WORK.  The grandchild menu items are not the only problem.  This is a problem.  Safari represents a reasonably large segment of the browsers out there.  Transmenu needs to work w/ Safari.

arniej
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by arniej » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:32 pm

ftumind wrote:
sunsetonline wrote: Yes, I don't remember which version exactly I tested on, but it was probably recent or current.  Child menus (drop-down or slide-out menus in TransMenu) worked fine in Safari.  Just to be clear, the third-level (grandchild) menus did not appear in Safari.
Hi friends,
There is one thing you may need to know when getting Transmenu to work with all browers.
1. Transmenu will work well on Safari with the defaul templates
2. If you change to another templates (especially those are not HTML validated or contains messy codes) Transmenu may not work
3. The above 2 things maynot right for different version of Safari
Hi,

This has not been my experience at all.  With Safari 2.02 and Transmenu 2.0 in horizontal menu mode, the grandchild menus do not work at all on either rhuk_planetfall or rhuk_solarflare_ii.  Using Mambo 4.5.2.  In fact, the child menus behave differently between the two default templates!  The child menus' text is missing on rhuk_solarflare_ii.  Is Transmenu very sensitive to templates (it shouldn't be).

I've tried this out on 3 different Macs, all running Safari 2.02/latest OSX.

Help! 

This is make-or-break for me and using Transmenu.  I'll have to switch to something else if Safari is not supported, because I am depending heavily on Transmenu for main site navigation. 

Thanks for all your hard work on this - it's excellent software other than the Safari problem.

mohpa

Post by mohpa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:36 pm

I have given up on this menu, mainly because of the Safari issue. After having spent a lot of time, and hoped that the dev team would come out with a solution, I decided to move on. As good as the menu is, it is not an option for me anymore.

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:03 pm

Interesting.  I don't remember which version of Safari I tested on, and I don't have a Mac available at the moment.  Could you try the following sites in Safari 2.02 and let us know if their implementations of TransMenu work?

http://www.gowanifamily.com/&nbsp; (only "Gallery" and "User Menu" have submenus)

http://www.ydwy.org/

http://www.upsu.net/&nbsp; (top purple bar is where TransMenu is used)

http://www.elitetrack.com/main/

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by speleo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:09 pm

Just as a matter of interest is this still being watched by Joomlart?

And does anyone know if there will be a maintentance release to address some of the issues?

mohpa

Post by mohpa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.12), OS X 10.4.3

http://www.gowanifamily.com/&nbsp; - only shows the first sub, nothing under Private or Public Gallery, although I see the arrows
http://www.ydwy.org/ - looks fine, no third level here
http://www.upsu.net/&nbsp; - first and second level fine, every other one with arrows does not show anything (does not expand)
http://www.elitetrack.com/main/ - same as above :(

Works fine when using FF1.0.7

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:43 pm

mohpa wrote: Safari Version 2.0.2 (416.12), OS X 10.4.3

http://www.gowanifamily.com/&nbsp; - only shows the first sub, nothing under Private or Public Gallery, although I see the arrows
http://www.ydwy.org/ - looks fine, no third level here
http://www.upsu.net/&nbsp; - first and second level fine, every other one with arrows does not show anything (does not expand)
http://www.elitetrack.com/main/ - same as above :(

Works fine when using FF1.0.7
This is consistent with what I thought the situation was with TransMenu and Safari, namely that it works fine except that grandchild menus don't display.  Which I can live with.  I just wanted to check since arniej is making it sound as if TransMenu does not work in Safari 2.02 (that is, that it has more problems than just the grandchild menus).  Thanks for testing those sites out.

mohpa

Post by mohpa » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:58 pm

NP. ;)

ftumind

Post by ftumind » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:50 am

The transmenu V2.0 is updated!
I have updated some of small changes which provide more accessibility and cross-browsers for transmenu. Because this update is quite small and making new version is not necessary.
Please download and upgrade your transmenu at http://www.joomlart.com

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by speleo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:06 pm

Just downloaded ja_transmenu_v20.zip from joomlart and it is exactly the same as the last version (with the same version number) from way back. Even if the changes are minor you should still have a .01 release! Better still issue both the new version and a patch.

If these small changes have anything to do with Safari or XHTML then they definately require a new version number.

Been waiting for this one! Thanks!

scream
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by scream » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:53 am

Hi There
Where abouts is that update? Could you post a url? I looked round the JoomlaArt but could only find one posted end of October.
Transmenu installed sweet as first pop. Only trouble I have is that the rollovers seem to take a while to catch up on the menu. I've noticed it doesn't do it with other sites with Transmenu, but it does do it with all the templates on my test site http://www.scream.co.nz/index.php Any ideas why? I've stuck the template chooser on there.
Thanks for a great contrib.

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by speleo » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:07 pm

just had this info via email -
Hi,
We are sorry for the delay but we have not finished the update.
Thanks,
Joomlart.com Admin
sounds like they found a last minute issue which held them back. Nice com, poor comms.

scream
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by scream » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:09 pm

Thanks speleo. I wait with baited breath.

Ozflatmates
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problems with TM 2.00 in IE.

Post by Ozflatmates » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:11 pm

Hi i am having problems with Transmenu displaying properly in IE.

It is fine in Opera and Firefox, but for some quirky reason nothing is showing up in IE.

I like the menu structure and all, took abit to work out some details but not showing properly in IE is abit of a pain.

I am designing this site for a friend, and they wanted flash menu's and found this Trans Menu, seemed promising at the start but i hardly use IE and that was until someone told me it wasn't showing up.

Here is the URL: demo.ozflatmates.com

If someone can point me in the right direction much appreciated.

Also how does one change over the colour scheme of the nav.? Orange is abit bright...

Thanks in advance.
Geoff
For Accomodation in Oz see: http://www.ozflatmates.com

For Dating in Oz: http://www.ozdate.com.au

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:44 pm

I'm curious if this component has any relation to or difference from the TransMenu that was announced last week by DesignForMambo.com (look under "News" on joomla.org, it was on Tuesday, 03 January 2006).

speleo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by speleo » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:36 pm

It would also be useful to know if D4M have plans to develop Trans Menu. It would now appear that the good work that JoomlArt have done has ceased. The teaser of a bug fix release before Christmas never happened.

If anyone has any experience with the D4M solution please could you give us the low down. Will it be a seamless migration or is there loads of code / css to work on? Any gotchas or general observations. Thanks!

nielsg
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

safari + Transmenu 2.0 + problems installing

Post by nielsg » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:51 pm

hi there all

The singel submenu drop down works fine in Safari (ydwy.org), but the first site, gowanifamily doesn't work as it should. The second submenu that should pop up doesn't show, the fist one does...

Anywayzz, i have some problems getting the dropdown menu to work myself.
if i look in my source code i get this result...

the submenu's are made and are in the code, but why don't they show up?
the test url is http://www.primordial.nl/shop

The module is placed in user3, which is placed in a div layer in my template.
i have unpublished the module_topmenu and made a link to the module_topmenu via the transmenu module...

i also get an error in my browser on this part of the code: TransMenu.subpad_y = ;

maybe it goes wrong around here? ???

any ideas people?
thanks
niels

sunsetonline
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sunsetonline » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:01 pm

Niels,
This has been discussed previously about Transmenu's "grandchild" menus (i.e. sub-sub-menus) not appearing in Safari.  As far as I know, nobody has gotten this part of Transmenu to work in Safari, so I doubt that it has anything to do with your particular installation.  It's a problem with either Transmenu or Safari or the combination of those two. 

Ozflatmates
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

IE 6 Sub menu problems...anyone got answers.?

Post by Ozflatmates » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:10 am

Seems i ask this question but no one has answers so here goes again.

I am having problems with the sub menu's showing up in IE 6, in Opera / Firefox it is all sweet, the problem exists with IE.

Anyone else has these problems.?

I really need some help or directions on this.

I am on Joomla 1.0.5

Here is the Transmenuv.css

/* this is the clipping region for the menu. it's width and height get set by script, depending on the size of the items table */
.transMenu {
position:absolute;
overflow:hidden;
left:-1000px;
top:-1000px;
}

/* this is the main container for the menu itself. it's width and height get set by script, depending on the size of the items table */
.transMenu .content {
}

/* this table comprises all menu items. each TR is one item. It is relatively positioned so that the shadow and background transparent divs can be positioned underneath it */
.transMenu .items {
position:relative;
left:0px; top:0px;
z-index:2;
}

.transMenu.top .items {
border-top:none;
}

/* each TR.item is one menu item */
.transMenu .item{
color:red;
font-size:10px;
font-family:sans-serif;
text-decoration:none;
/* this is a hack for mac/ie5, whom incorrectly cascades the border properties of the parent table to each row */
border:none;
cursor:pointer;
cursor:hand;
display: block;
width: 280px !important;
width: 160px;
background:#C63C00;
vertical-align: middle;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ffffff;
text-align: left;
text-indent: 15px;
height: 20px !important;
height: 25px;
width: 100%;
text-decoration: none;
border-bottom: 1px solid #FFF;
}
.transMenu .item td{

}
/* this DIV is the semi-transparent white background of each menu. the -moz-opacity is a proprietary way to get transparency in mozilla, the filter is for IE/windows 5.0+. */
/* we set the background color in script because ie mac does not use it; that browser only uses a semi-transparent white PNG that the spacer gif inside this DIV is replaced by */
.transMenu .background {
left:0px; top:0px;
z-index:1;
-moz-opacity:.8;
filter:alpha(opacity=80);
}

/* same concept as .background, but this is the sliver of shadow on the right of the menu. It's left, height, and background are set by script. In IE5/mac, it uses a PNG */
.transMenu .shadowRight {
z-index:3;
top:3px; width:2px;
-moz-opacity:.4;
filter:alpha(opacity=40);
}

/* same concept as .background, but this is the sliver of shadow on the bottom of the menu. It's top, width, and background are set by script. In IE5/mac, it uses a PNG */
.transMenu .shadowBottom {
z-index:1;
left:3px; height:2px;
-moz-opacity:.4;
filter:alpha(opacity=40);
}

/* this is the class that is used when the mouse is over an item. script sets the row to this class when required. */
.transMenu .item.hover {
color:black;
background:#F79A00;
}

/* this is either the dingbat that indicates there is a submenu, or a spacer gif in it's place. We give it extra margin to create some space between the text and the dingbat */
.transMenu .item img {
margin-left:0px;
}

/* Added classes by Khanh - 050629 */
#wrap {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
}
#menu {
padding: 0px;
display:block;
width:100%;

}
.transMenu .item#active {
background:#ff0000;
-moz-opacity:.6;
filter:alpha(opacity=60);
}
.transMenu .item#active.hover {
background:#F79A00;
}
/* For first level menu.*/
a.mainlevel-trans:link, a.mainlevel-trans:visited {
background: url(img/menu_bg.png) no-repeat;
vertical-align: middle;
font-size: 11px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ffffff;
text-align: left;
padding-top: 5px;
padding-left: 18px;
height: 20px !important;
width: 100%;
width: 160px !important;
width: 160px;
}
a.mainlevel-trans:hover {
background-position: 0px -25px;
color: #333333;
}
a.mainlevel_active-trans, a.mainlevel_active-trans:visited {
color:#FF6600;
line-height: 25px;
width:auto;
padding: 0px 15px 0px 29px;
background: url(img/menu_bg.png) no-repeat;
background-position: 0px -25px;
color: #333333;
}
a.mainlevel_active-trans:hover {
color:#3366CC;
}
/* End added */

Any help on this muchly appreciated.

So as u can see what i mean here is the URL: demo.ozflatmates.com

Cheers
For Accomodation in Oz see: http://www.ozflatmates.com

For Dating in Oz: http://www.ozdate.com.au

latristesse
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Transmenu and drop-downs/pdf's

Post by latristesse » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:03 am

I just wanted to apprise you of an issue with PDF's and form field drop-downs in the content area - for some reason, transmenu hides behind these 2 objects.  Unfortunately, my site with the examples is still in development.  But it's very easy to test, just create a menu item that is a wrapper and links to a pdf on your site.  With the drop down , this may be a little more difficult, but you could just create a content item with a form drop-down at the top.  If necessary, I can post screen shots.  Everything else works quite well with the latest Joomla.

mtk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by mtk » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi,
First I'd like to thanks this module, I'm very pleased...
but I have some issues:
  • I have a site in Hebrew (which is RTL), which has the JA Trans Menu V2.0 module as to the Top Menu.
    On of the items in the menu is bi-lingual, meaning has 1 word in Hebrew & 1 word in English. This item is shown in the menu as two items instead of 1 having a separator bullet in between them...
  • I have an horizontal scroll-bar on the page, until I open one of the drop-downs (of the menu)...
  • How do I align the sub menus to start from the same line?
"In a world without walls and fences,
who needs Windows & Gates?"

http://www.smartmtk.com | http://www.lighthost.co.il/webhosting-for-joomla

Return to “Modules”