Tracking Visitors & Joomla

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! modules here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ayushpant
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Tracking Visitors & Joomla

Postby ayushpant » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on integrating "hitslink" tracking and joomla. There are loads of extensions for Google Analytics. But, none for hitslink and some other tracking services.

I have a paid account with hitslink, and would like to integrate hitslink tracking with Joomla. I can insert the tracking code in the footer of the index.php file. However, do you think that it will work smoothly in tracking all pages? For convienience, I have integrated SEF urls. Tracking is of course one of the most important features, and moreoever should work accurately.

Any suggestions folks?

ot2sen
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Tracking Visitors & Joomla

Postby ot2sen » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Mod note ot2sen: Moving thread from Extensions Directory Forum --> to 1.0.x / Modules Forum
Ole Bang Ottosen
Dansk frivillig Joomla! support websted - joomla.dk
OpenTranslators Core Team opentranslators.org

RussianBlue
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Tracking Visitors & Joomla

Postby RussianBlue » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm using a YOOtheme template which includes a box for the Google Analytics Tracking Code (under Template manager).

Just done a test with the Hitslink script and it seems to be tracking exactly the same as Google Analytics would.
Joomla 3.3.3, Using Mac with Opera 23

Return to “Modules”