migration question - can we still view the old forge?

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.

Moderator: RussW

Forum rules
gsbe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

migration question - can we still view the old forge?

Post by gsbe » Wed May 02, 2007 8:54 pm

The tracker migration worked well - thanks!

All the tracker moves have placed my tracker items as "Open". I'd like to review my old JForge project site and figure out which ones we had closed. Is this possible?
http://gigcalendar.net: the world's first free solution for maintaining a touring calendar for Joomla!

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: migration question - can we still view the old forge?

Post by Tonie » Wed May 02, 2007 9:26 pm

Mateusz has a full backup of the tracker items, maybe he can send you a quick dump. You want this for Gigcalendar I presume (and not for juice)?

gsbe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by gsbe » Wed May 02, 2007 10:17 pm

that's right, for gigCalendar. I'm reviewing the list and realizing that many of these tracker items have been addressed and were likely closed. If I can't review the old info in a browser I'm not interested, though. Too much time to figure out all the details of a huge database dump. I can probably just look through what is there and figure it out for the most part. Thanks for your help.
http://gigcalendar.net: the world's first free solution for maintaining a touring calendar for Joomla!

facedancer
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by facedancer » Thu May 03, 2007 9:47 pm

There's need of an explanation here :)

While doing forge backup I had no technical possibility to get the artifact history. This means status open and description only.
Few days ago, right before forge shutdown I had an idea to actually save all artifact pages with some fancy shell script. Many thanks to Pasamio as he gave me idea how to write that.

Anyway, artifacts full history is ready and waiting in safe place and scheduled to be put to joomlacode next week. The tricky thing about it is that I have to write some fancy code parsing those files and putting each status change + comment.

If you need it badly just let me know and I'll try to send you html pages with your artifacts.

gsbe
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by gsbe » Fri May 04, 2007 3:56 am

darn. I guess I shouldn't have moved all my migrated tracker info already. ;)

Oh well......thanks for the info. Besides the mailing lists, I believe the new forge to be running very smoothly. Thanks to everyone for their hard work!

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”