can't change email address.

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.

Moderator: RussW

Forum rules
ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

can't change email address.

Post by ianmac » Sat May 05, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm trying to change my email address on the forge.  I submit the request.  I receive the email at my account, but when I follow the link in the email, I get 'Invalid Data'.

Also, the time headers are incorrect in the message sent - it says the email was sent an hour ago when it was sent less than five minutes ago.

These should be sent in GMT, right?  So obviously, they seem to be an hour off (and a few minutes).

Ian

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: can't change email address.

Post by Robin » Sat May 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi Ian,

Could it be there is another &amp in the link you have to click on? If so, try changing to &

If that does not help, we will have to look into it. In the mean time I could change your email for you if you want.

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ianmac » Sat May 05, 2007 8:04 pm

yeah...  I just came back to check the thread again after discovering that that was indeed the problem.  I have changed my email address now.

I don't know the depths of this and how it works and whether this is an issue that needs to be fixed or not...  (i.e. is there a way to fix this?)

Time issue still exists though.

Thanks Robin!
Ian

Robin
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Robin » Sat May 05, 2007 8:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up on both issues, I'll pass this on and see if we can fix it.

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”