HOWTO: Save project to j!code in Subclipse (aka

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.
joatmon
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

HOWTO: Save project to j!code in Subclipse (aka

Post by joatmon » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:48 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this because it's more of a HowTo than a question.  Perhaps it can be beautified and moved into the documentation at some point.

I use EasyEclipse to do most of my Joomla development and while trying to commit my code to my project's repository, I would often get an error that said: 501 Method Not Implemented.  Now this error has come up in the past (here, here and here) and the root cause is that the initial connection to the Subversion repository uses a different username than the connection attempting to do the commit.  The solution for each of the past threads was stated when using TortiseSVN, but Subclipse is a different animal.

Searching through the Subclipse FAQs stated that usernames and passwords were not cached in Subclipse.  I found that to be incorrect and the problem is that when creating a new repository in Subclipse, the user identified with the machine (or anonymous) is used during the initial connection to the repository but in my case (like most others) this is not the correct user.  Unfortunately that user is cached and used in initial connections to the repository, even if you change it during a commit.

So there are a couple of ways to solve the problem.  Both of them involve the Subclipse location for where the cached users are stored.

If you have not already created a connection to the repository
  • Go to either %APPDATA%/Subversion or ~/.subversion depending on your OS and delete the 'auth' directory if it exists (warning: this will remove any cached authorization information for any subversion repositories you already have defined.
  • Go back to eclipse and share your project.  Create the connection to the repository at this point and log in with your username.  Subclipse will recreate the auth directory with the correct user information.

If you have created a connection to the repository
  • Delete the connection to the repository in eclipse
  • Go to either %APPDATA%/Subversion or ~/.subversion depending on your OS and delete the 'auth' directory if it exists (warning: this will remove any cached authorization information for any subversion repositories you already have defined.
  • Go back to eclipse and share your project.  Create the connection to the repository at this point and log in with your username.  Subclipse will recreate the auth directory with the correct user information.

I hope this saves someone some time and effort.

--joatmon
Last edited by joatmon on Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobbravo2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: HOWTO: Save project to j!code in Subclipse (aka

Post by bobbravo2 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:00 pm

Works! Thank you

user deleted

Re: HOWTO: Save project to j!code in Subclipse (aka

Post by user deleted » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to make this a sticky post, very usefull info ;)

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”