Commit to joomlacode.org failed - error

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.

Moderators: RussW, ChiefGoFor

quodo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Commit to joomlacode.org failed - error

Post by quodo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Hello,

I am trying to commit some changes to RSGallery2 which is on Joomlacode: http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/rsgallery2/.

I used to be able/allowed to commit files (last time over a year ago), but now I'm getting an error with
- TortoiseSVN 1.6.6 on Windows Vista and
- (on older laptop which did the trick before) TortoiseSVN 1.5.2 on Windows XP and
- Slik subversion as Windows command line interface as well.
According to the project owner I still should have rights to commit.

The error is
Commit failed (details follow)
Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to MKACTIVITY request for '/svn/rsgallery2/!svn/act/c8b....'

Google is of course always my friend so...
Tried uppercase/lowercase variants of my username: resulting in different errors, or just plainly no access.
Tried it with https instead of http (checked out new copy, then tried to commit one file), results in the same error.
Tried it with RSGallery2 in the location instead of rsgallery2, which does not work: location is case sensitive.

With kind regards,
Mirjam (username 'mirjam' on Joomlacode)

quodo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Commit to joomlacode.org failed - error

Post by quodo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm still not able to commit to the RSGallery2 project although the project owner has allowed me to commit (and I used to be able to commit).

If this is the wrong place to ask for help, could someone point me to the right place? Thanks!

quodo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Commit to joomlacode.org failed - error

Post by quodo » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Solved with the following information which lead to doublechecking settings...

In a basic/new JoomlaCode project there are three roles defined (new roles can be added)
- Admin
- Project Admin: Project Admin (obviously)
- File Release System: Write
- SCM: Write
- Developer
- Project Admin: None
- File Release System: Read
- SCM: Write
- Quality & Testing
- Project Admin: None
- File Release System: Read
- SCM: Read
Possible settings are:
- Project Admin: None, Project Admin - can do anythinig in this project
- File Release System: Read, Write - users with write can mange releases and packages
- SCM - Source Code Repository: No access, Read, Write

Now for users where the SCM section is set to Read you will get the described Error when they try to commit:
Error Commit failed (details follow)
Error Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response to MKACTIVITY
Error request for '/svn/...'
which makes sense as they are not allowed to commit (read access, not write access). To be able to commit you will have to set the setting for SCM to Write.

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”