Hide an SVN folder, is possible?

If you have any 'mechanical' forge related issues/suggestions, pop them in here.

Moderators: RussW, ChiefGoFor

falsinfab
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Hide an SVN folder, is possible?

Post by falsinfab » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 am

Hi all,

The SVN into JoomlaForge allow to set the access control (password) for checkout or commit operations. However browsing the project page from web is always possible to see all the SVN folders and the files content and, obviously, download them. I would to know if is possible to "hide" an SVN folder also from web browsing. I want to hide the "trunk" folder and leave showed only the "tags" folder contain the final stable release of the project.
Thank you to all

float-right
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Hide an SVN folder, is possible?

Post by float-right » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:03 am

rename the folder prefixed with a period, e.g: .svn
Top-tip: marking your posts as "Urgent!", when they clearly aren't, will most likely get you ignored.

Please don't PM me with anything other than *Personal Messages*! If you have a Joomla question, post it in the forum.

falsinfab
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by falsinfab » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:50 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, your suggestion could be a solution also if I don't like it very much since using this way I'll have the folder "hide" also in my disk. Not a big problem but if it will be possible to avoid it I'll would like more. Dosen't exist an option to set the view permission in the JoomlaCode SVN settings panel? I looked for them but I didn't find nothing similar....

TBK0000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by TBK0000 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:17 pm

I have hidden/blocked access to svn and the svn browser this way:

1. Login to Joomlacode
2. Browse to your project.
3. Press "Admin" in the left menu.
4. In the "Admin Options" menu on the right, select "Edit Observer Permissions".
5. Set "SCM Privileges" to "Private".
5. Note: Private repositories can only be accessed by members with Read or higher permissions.

Return to “JoomlaCode.org”