I cant get my TinyMCE to show up?

Please see sticky inside.
russellwilliams
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I cant get my TinyMCE to show up?

Post by russellwilliams » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:34 pm

I have just installed Joomla version 1.5.0 and cant get my TinyMCE to show up on screen when I want to edit/add a new section.

Please help I really want to get going with this asap.

Cheers

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: I cant get my TinyMCE to show up?

Post by AmyStephen » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:55 am

Russ -

If you use the Advanced Search and select only the Joomla! v 1.5 forum areas, searching for TinyMCE. When you do, you will find four pages of search results. There were so many, I thought maybe it would be easier for you to look at these issues and see if one matches your problem - perhaps finding an answer, or at least seeing if the problem has already been reported.

Also, as a reminder, we are in Beta testing. So, answers will likely be delayed, problems could take awhile to fix, etc. Our job at this point is really to point out issues, submit bug fixes, and for 3PDs to get ready for v 1.5 Go live.

Thanks! Welcome to Joomla!
Amy :)

leadict
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: I cant get my TinyMCE to show up?

Post by leadict » Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:15 pm

AmyStephen wrote: Russ -

If you use the Advanced Search and select only the Joomla! v 1.5 forum areas, searching for TinyMCE. When you do, you will find four pages of search results. There were so many, I thought maybe it would be easier for you to look at these issues and see if one matches your problem - perhaps finding an answer, or at least seeing if the problem has already been reported.

Also, as a reminder, we are in Beta testing. So, answers will likely be delayed, problems could take awhile to fix, etc. Our job at this point is really to point out issues, submit bug fixes, and for 3PDs to get ready for v 1.5 Go live.

Thanks! Welcome to Joomla!
Amy :)
Yes, you are totally right.

About the particular issue, i remember that problem was experienced with XStandard Editor, but not with TinyMCE (previously or now). So, i would suggest that Russell use a nightly build or svn version to verify it: http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/17/60/
"The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think" - Edwin Schlossberg.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 BETA 2”