Confused newbie

Please see sticky inside.
RabbitMountain
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Confused newbie

Post by RabbitMountain » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Greetings all, yes I read all the introductory documentation.

Here is my confusion. According to the documentation for the beta Joomla, all you have to do is add style="raw" to the module and it will output without any tags. But no matter what style I put, it still outputs tag soup.

So I went to find modules.php like the documentation says... where the heck is this file??

So then I looked at the Beez template index.php, and it looks like getting the page to output without tables requires PHP scripting it to do so. Is that right? You gotta be a programmer to tag the output properly?

Or am I overlooking some well-known secret that does not show up in the documentation for some reason?

CirTap
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Confused newbie

Post by CirTap » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi,

style="raw" doesn't mean that all tags will be removed, it just won't put any extra markup around the module's content.
if the module creates tag soup on its own, then "raw" won't fix that. You'd need a "template override" for this module to change it's internal markup; see the various files in the Beez template: /templates/beez/html/mod_xxxx/default.php

I don't know what "documentation" you're refering to, that tells you to look for "modules.php" -- it should have mentioned the location of the file. There's one in the template subfolder which i.e. handles the "slider" style: /templates/rhuk_milkyway/html/modules.php -- a simple file search would have done the trick ;)

Have fun,
CirTap
You can have programs written fast, well, and cheap, but you only get to pick 2 ...

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 BETA 2”