How to customize a 1.5 module

Please see sticky inside.
webwannabee
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

How to customize a 1.5 module

Post by webwannabee » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:35 pm

Not too sure where this would go, but as  it involves a 1.5 module made for Joomla 1.5.... I like the modulle 'Ulti Clocks' I just got and added to my Joomla 1.5 test site (local, not production :)) But I don't know much about flash or making modules, and am just wondering where I should look to find out: hot to change the clock face on one of the included clocks, customize it, or see if this can even be done, and if not, how I would make my own and maybe add it to the module as one of the clocks to pick. I would like to be able to offer people some day, a clock on their site with their own logo on the clock.
"Seek and ye shall find..OK not too original, but sooo true of this forum!!

Chris
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How to customize a 1.5 module

Post by Chris » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 am

You don't have to do much to install that clock.
And choosing from the number of 'faces' is very easy.

Just install that module the way modules are installed in version 1.5

Then go in administrator -> extensions -> module manager ->ulti clocks
Find it in the listing and click on it till all the choices appear.
Choose one of the faces and click on publish (and select any of the other variables)

I never knew about that module till I read your entry here.
Downloaded, installed, etc.
Just took a very short time and the clock appeared where I wanted it.
Good luck with trying it out.
There is no failure until you give up.

Chris

webwannabee
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How to customize a 1.5 module

Post by webwannabee » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi Chris ;D Yes,  it was pretty easy and straightforward to install, which is why I got it installed on my beta test site on wamp (had been looking for modules to try out on the Beta 1.5, and found that one at  http://templates.linkster.be/ (sorry, should have included this link earliier). What I was really wondering and probably didn't explain very well:  the clock face itself (I chose the basic, big, open analog face)  I wanted to add something to the face, like a logo.  I already sent an email to Ulti Joomla, asking for permission to alter their module (awaiting reply). but I don't really know how to do it.  I opened up my Macremedia Flash and opened one of the clock files into it, but as it is already a finished 'movie', and not broken down into indiividual clock faces or  frames or whatever I am stumped.  I thought about making my own clock face and adding it to the module, but don't know how to do that either.  It's not imperitive that I have this, would just be nice.
I think I will try this tutorial here: http://www.entheosweb.com/Flash/analog_clock.asp  and see if I can put the result into the 'clock' folder (contains flash 'movies' of the clocks) in the ulti clocks module folder, if it will let me do this and work. Anyone knows a
better way let me know :) (will give me some practice with Flash, which I hardly know  :-[)
Last edited by webwannabee on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Seek and ye shall find..OK not too original, but sooo true of this forum!!

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 BETA 2”