Itemid=1

Please see sticky inside.
Ence
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Itemid=1

Post by Ence » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:25 pm

So "Home" is Itemid 1 by default, which is fine.
But why is everything which would have no Itemid be daufault now Itemid 1 aswell?
What I'm referring to is e.g. "Register", "Lost password", "Poll", "search" etc..
All of these do have Itemid=1 as url parameter.

The problem with that is, that Joomla now thinks that you are on the frontpage, the menuitem "Home" will be highlighted, the breadcrumppath will point to home, and all modules which would only be allowed to be shown on the frontpage are visible aswell.

And I really don't want the newsflash module to be shown on the "register a new account" page..
:-\

hannul
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Itemid=1

Post by hannul » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:53 pm

I also did write about this some weeks ago to developement forum to some thread, but I think I got no answer. My problem was that when password reminder forwards, it also adds that default itemid, and there are even modules that I show only on my defaultpage. Not good at all.

But what I do know is, that JRouter that implements Human Readable Urls is quite late addition to J1.5 and Jinx has been fixing it a lot after adding it to svn. At some point Itemids were to be deprecated, but then it was learned that it cannot be done.

Itemid is not neccessary 1 by default, its just that with default data home is set to link with that id. Might change whenever.

leadict
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Itemid=1

Post by leadict » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:37 pm

Indeed, i have noticed that this type of URLs (no itemid by default) take the itemid from the current page. That is, they don't take the itemid of the default page but the current page.

Another thing i have noticed is that there are some unexpected interactions between menu item urls and module urls with SEF URLs enabled:

For example: If the Latest News module includes an article which is also linked through some menu item (example: Standard Article Layout, Section Blog Layout...), then the url of the article in that module will be taken from the menu item url. This don't happen if the article have no related menu item. (See related report).

Hopefully a developer can explain these issues in more detail :).
"The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think" - Edwin Schlossberg.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 BETA 2”