Login Module Error

Please see sticky inside.
savvyRookie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Login Module Error

Post by savvyRookie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:20 pm

Hi

I am using the default login module that comes with 1.5 (not using community builder).  I have this displayed on the front page of my site.

When a user enters the wrong username and password, I was expecting the module to display an error message. However it doesn't display any errors.

Why is this so? How can this be fixed?

Lottario
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Login Module Error

Post by Lottario » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Hmm... I get an error message on the nightly build.  I'm fairly (although not 100%) certain it should display in the Beta version too.  Try upgrading to the nightly build and see if you still have the error.

savvyRookie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by savvyRookie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Cool.

In order to upgrade to the nightly build do I just have to replace the php files for the user component? Will that do?

Lottario
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Lottario » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:30 pm

A fair question.  I'm not sure if just replacing the login module would work.  They might need other things written in since the beta version.  Just clear all the Joomla Beta 2 files out except for configuration.php, then copy over the nightly build files (delete the install folder afterwards).  That'll leave all your data intact, except for images, templates, and third party extensions, but templates can be put back, and if you copy your image folder before upgrading, then replace the new image folder with the one you saved, you shouldn't lose anything.

Just a thought before you do that though, what template are you using?  Some templates include module modifications that might be causing your problem.

savvyRookie
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by savvyRookie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:32 pm

I have my own template....a custom template.

Lottario
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Lottario » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:38 pm

So I'm guessing you haven't played around with the module coding then (I assume you would've spoke up if you had)?  Then yes, upgrading to a nightly build seems to be in order.

Although, I'm nearly positive that it should display an error (I've been having problems with the nightly build today, so I don't really wanna reccommend it unless absolutely necessary).  Ummm.. I'm not sure if this'll change anything, but under Global Config -> Server, do you have error reporting on?

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:52 am

FYI, nightly builds are now far advanced compared to beta2.
The complete nightly has to be installed instead of beta2 to test accurately present development.

See: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,189756.0.html

(Why do people never read stickies...  :'( )
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 BETA 2”