FAQ: What features does a basic Joomla! installation include?
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:44 pm
If you simply install Joomla! without any modifications or extensions, the following (incomplete) list of features will be included.
- Content component which allows creation and display of "content items" usually in the middle of the page.
- Front page component, which displays multiple recent content items designated as "front page" in the content manager. Configurable for layout and number of items.
- Weblinks component for entering and displaying a list of weblinks.
- Media manager for uploading and managing images and other media.
- User manager (administrative end) and user registration module (front end).
- Newsflash module for displaying specific content items as "newsflashes."
- A simple poll component
- A menu system
- A choice of several templates for your site
- Installers for third party components, modules and plugins/mambots
- The TinyMCE wysiwyg editor
- Administrative interface for managing your site