Problems moving a Mambo Template.

Discuss the development and implementation of Joomla! 1.0.x templates here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Showcker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problems moving a Mambo Template.

Post by Showcker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:48 pm

I modified a Mambo v4.6.2 template, hours later I fell in love with Joomla. But I still wanted to use my "super" modified template, so I upload the skin folder to the Joomla templates folder.
I set the new template as Default, but when I test it, visiting my web this shows up (only this):
Direct Access to this location is not allowed.
Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): 45 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/stsstudios.com.ar/showcker/Joomla/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 169

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string(): 45 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /www/stsstudios.com.ar/showcker/Joomla/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 169

I thought it was a general Joomla problem and that I might touch something wrong, but I put back one of the defaults templates and they work correctly.  :'(

What did I miss :P?

Gergo Erdosi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Problems moving a Mambo Template.

Post by Gergo Erdosi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:15 pm

What's the version of your Joomla?

Showcker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Showcker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:33 pm

erdsiger wrote: What's the version of your Joomla?
Joomla 1.5 Beta 2

There's no compatibility?

Gergo Erdosi
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Gergo Erdosi » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:38 pm

I asked this because it's a frequent problem in 1.5. The only thing you need is to download the latest build from svn. If this won't solve your problem, report it here:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/board,407.0.html

Showcker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Showcker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:59 pm

erdsiger wrote: I asked this because it's a frequent problem in 1.5. The only thing you need is to download the latest build from svn. If this won't solve your problem, report it here:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/board,407.0.html
Ok, Thanks for the help. I'm downloading right now, the Nightly Build, is that the best? Or I'll have to download it from here? How can I download all the trunk files at once?

Showcker
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Showcker » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 pm

So, I download the Nightly Build and overwrite the old files. Now the error that comes up when I tried to use de Mambo template is this one:
Direct Access to this location is not allowed.

thecheapergeek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by thecheapergeek » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 am

I am also having this problem. This is the first time I've ever had to post on the Joomla forums because usually I can figure this kind of stuff out, but I have been avoiding Joomla 1.5 because my template that I have put so much work into (and works just fine for me) gives me this error when I try to run it in 1.5. HAS ANYONE FOUND A FIX FOR THIS?

Return to “Templates & CSS - 1.0.x”