Weathering the Storm

*IF* you want to share your opinion on the GPL issue, this is the place for you.
Rogue4ngel
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Weathering the Storm

Post by Rogue4ngel » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:22 pm

I must say, I don't think I've ever seen such an amazing response to what should have probably been a non-issue.

In any case, just thought I'd take a moment to post and give my small vote of support to the core team for staying their ground and keeping to the principles that brought to life the Joomla fork in the first place.  Keeping to the philosophy and ideals that made Joomla what it is today.

And although many may seem the moderation as a bit over the top, I moderate several forums, and I know what it's like to try and keep the peace when you have such a diverse culture to deal with.

You given people the ability to continue to get the information they need quickly and easily without every post erupting into a flame war, and as much as people may not understand it at first, I can definitely say it's much better for me.  I had to stop coming to the forum for a short time because I just couldn't sift through all the information that was coming in from every odd angle in every post.

I'm already getting long winded, so let me leave it at that.  One thing I can say is that I've given the issue a great deal of thought myself, and had to, like every member will, decide what is important, and how we will continue.  I for one will be using Joomla for a long time to come.  Even though I think GPL is an ideal and not reality sometimes, It's a worthy cause. 

To conclude, let me share a quote that I read today.  I think it apripoe.

"The probability that we may fall in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just; it shall not deter me."
- Abraham Lincoln

Keep up the good work.  Your efforts are not in vain.
If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the problem.

Return to “GPL Discussion”