Photos not displaying on website

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
gecadmin
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Photos not displaying on website

Post by gecadmin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:06 pm

We've been running Joomla Version 1.5.15 since 2010. Our website has been operating as it should until just recently. Now, all photos of our projects are not showing up. When I right click on a photo to open, I get the following message:
"You don't have permission to access /home/images/stories/gallery/emergency power distribution upgrade_tripler army medical center honolulu hawaii.jpg on this server."

Would downloading a more current version of Joomla correct this problem?

our website: http://www.global-engllc.com
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split from the topic f=32&t=309556. In the future, please post your questions in the appropriate forums.

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: Photos not displaying on website

Post by sozzled » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:26 pm

Looks like you (or someone) has changed the file permissions of the site or you (or someone) has modified the rules in the .htaccess file.

Given that you've had your website operating with "Joomla Version 1.5.15 since 2010" (there have been 85 releases of Joomla sofware including than 20 security releases in that time), you have been lucky! I'm surprised that your web assets have survived as long as they have without you having spent any time, it would seem, on site maintenance.

"Downloading a more current version of Joomla" will not correct "this problem" for several reasons. Your website needs to be overhauled; your site needs to be brought up-to-date; your site needs to be cleaned up.

While it may be possible to fix the problem (at least temporarily), there's no guarantee that there's not something else insidiously lying in wait ready to pounce and cause problems in other ways. The question you should ask yourself is whether you want to apply a band-aid and hope that the band-aid will last a few more days, at least, or take the decision to do something serious to apply a more lasting solution.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Photos not displaying on website

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:15 pm

This is an error on your web server. Access to images does not go through Joomla.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”