Help! - Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
monsta_uk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help! - Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object

Post by monsta_uk » Wed May 21, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi,

My client seems to have broken Joomla on their site, and we're now getting the following error when clicking on any page from the mainmenu;

Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /home/targettb/public_html/modules/mod_mainmenu/helper.php on line 281

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance,

Justin.

shea279
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Help! - Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object

Post by shea279 » Sat May 24, 2008 12:36 am

Yeah i'm having the same problem here.. seems like it happened right after installing 1.5.2-1.5.3 upgrade.. help would be greatly appreciated.

thedust2010
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thedust2010 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:22 pm

HELP! We upgraded to PHP 5 and now one of our Joomla! 1.5 sites (not all) is getting the same error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: __clone method called on non-object in /var/www/vhosts/............../modules/mod_mainmenu/helper.php on line 279
Any advice is much appreciated...

NSimpson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by NSimpson » Thu May 29, 2008 11:38 pm

I had this problem and it appeared to be due to a Menulink item in the menu which was not set to point to another menu item, I just pointed the links to the Home link and voila.

shea279
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by shea279 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:51 pm

wow i'm a complete retard.. i found the same bug in mine and removing it fixed it.. I thought it was something a lot more complicated

thedust2010
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by thedust2010 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:13 pm

I hope that in future iterations of Joomla! that instead of throwing a fatal error there's a way to degrade gracefully. I can see clients having issues with this...

teehankeeb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by teehankeeb » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:34 am

NSimpson wrote:I had this problem and it appeared to be due to a Menulink item in the menu which was not set to point to another menu item, I just pointed the links to the Home link and voila.
I have the same problem. Am not sure how to do the above. Does it mean that I change the Link under Menu Item Details? Am new and I would appreciate a step-by-step procedure. I'm using the milkyway template in version 1.5.2.

Thanks.

angeles_bobrik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by angeles_bobrik » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:32 pm

Hi! I´m having the same fatal error and it is displayed when i remove or unpublish one specific menu item from my mainmenu. And that menu item is a menu item linking to an article.

angeles_bobrik
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by angeles_bobrik » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:35 pm

ok! i found what the problem was for me at least. I had a footer menu also, and one of the menu items was an alias for the one i wanted to unpublish in the mainmenu. So that´s why i got the error. I can´t have a menu alias of a menu that is unpublished.
Hope it helps someone.

Xeonxz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Xeonxz » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:14 am

angeles_bobrik wrote:ok! i found what the problem was for me at least. I had a footer menu also, and one of the menu items was an alias for the one i wanted to unpublish in the mainmenu. So that´s why i got the error. I can´t have a menu alias of a menu that is unpublished.
Hope it helps someone.

Yes this helped me! I created a alias for a menuitem just before one language crashed in joomfish.. So I found your post and unpublish this menuitem and it works! Thx! =) This saved me hours :p
Best Regards
Viktor
3on Webbyrå Stockholm http://www.3on.se
Flighton AB http://www.flighton.se

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”