Opening content in another page

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
redviper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Opening content in another page

Post by redviper » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:59 pm

not sure that subject gets to my problem. I know how to open from the menu to a new blank page, that just opens, well, an additional page which is not what I want to do.

I am not sure how to describe what I am trying to do. I have been using joomla for a very long time. Here's what i want to do:

if you go to the rockettheme website, under the hyperion theme (http://demo.rockettheme.com/), you'll see the front page of the template. if you click on say "Features" in the menu, it goes to a new page without all the modules that are on the front page. this isn't a template question, it's a joomla function question. how do I take a menu item I have created in the main menu that is linked to some content, and, when clicked, have that content display on a new blank page without opening an additional page.

does any of that make sense?

currently, I have my new menu show up when it's clicked from the main menu but all of the content displays to the front page underneath all that module stuff.

thanks for any help you folks provide.

redviper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Opening content in another page

Post by redviper » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:25 am

no ideas? I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything definitive.

nkdineshdct
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by nkdineshdct » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:07 pm

Your question is not clear!
But i can understand wht u mean and try my answer which is the one u r looking for?

U dont want to display the module in the content page when u click the menu which is linked to the content, RIght?

For that go to module--> site module , then select the module that u dont want to display in the content page.
Then at the right side u ll find "pages/items", there u select the page where u want to display the particular module.

Any doubt, let me know!!!

Regards
http://www.joomla-web-designer.com
Joomla services, Hire Joomla programmer, Joomla Service Provider, Joomla Component Customization
http://www.joomla-web-developer.com
Joomla Custom Application, Joomla Plug-In development, Joomla Redesign

redviper
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by redviper » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:15 am

i'll give that a try.

another example would be this site. if you click on home, you get the banner module with the home page but when you click on developers your get a different page layout.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”