Windows Integrated Authentication in Joomla Working

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
johnnyCMS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Windows Integrated Authentication in Joomla Working

Post by johnnyCMS » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:44 pm

was: Does anyone have Windows Integrated Authentication working?

I am trying to make it so the user does not have to log in to the system because LDAP is logging it in for them. Does anyone have this working? I can query ldap, but the user has to log in with their Active Directory account. I want Joomla to detect who is going to the site and deliver web pages accordingly. It is anIntranet application. Do any of you have that working?

Thank you.
Last edited by johnnyCMS on Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnyCMS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Does anyone have Windows Integrated Authentication working?

Post by johnnyCMS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:44 pm

I got it working. First, turn on Windows Integrated Authenticaiton for your virtual directory in IIS, and make sure the stock Joomla LDAP is working. You'll have to login manually, but you will know your questrings, base dn, etc. are correct.

Second, download JLibMan here:

http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/pasami ... ge_id=2937

Then, download the etensions here:

http://extensions.joomla.org/component/ ... Itemid,35/

I then installed JLibMan.

Next, I unzipped the ldap authentication tools by Mr. Moffatt. Finally, I navigated to each individual zip (.tgz) on and uploaded:

lib_jauthtools_sso.tgz
lib_jauthtools_usersource.tgz
plgUserSourceLDAP.tgz
plgSSOHTTP.tgz
plgSystemSSO.tgz

I believe that was all I uploaded.

Then, go to the plugin manager and configure SSO - HTTP and put in your domain prefix for username replacement like domain\. Save.

Turn on the User Source LDAP and finally Single Sign On.

It should work.

The rest I did not sure which is absolutely necessary

martin_wil
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Windows Integrated Authentication in Joomla Working

Post by martin_wil » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:52 am

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing as you did.
I have set it all up as you suggested but being a newie to Joomla and php (but learning fast) I have to ask a probably obvious question...... how do you confirm that the automatic login has occurred ?

johnnyCMS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by johnnyCMS » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:55 pm

You have to logon the joomla website with the proper ad credentials and it will show logged in. I do not have an automatic logon.

martin_wil
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by martin_wil » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:10 am

Oh..my mistake. I had assumed that you were doing automatic logon, which is what I'm after.
I know in Sam Moffat's jDiagnostic component there is a usersourcechecker utility which will take the user's windows id (REMOTE_USER) and return the user's details from Active Directory.
I just want to run this automatically when a user hits the site but I don't think my php skills are up to it yet !!

pasamio
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by pasamio » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:54 pm

If you have the user source checker working you will need to grab the HTTP SSO plugin and feed it your Active Directory Down Level Name (e.g. DOMAIN\). You will also need to protect your entire Joomla! site with Integrated Windows Authentication (or just Windows Auth in IIS).

You might also want to take a visit past the Kerberos section of my wiki: http://sammoffatt.com.au/jauthtools/Kerberos

When I get some time I will do up a tutorial (with screenshots) of getting up and running with IIS, Joomla! and Active Directory. I've got a 2008 eval somewhere, so I'll likely use it when I get a chance.

As a method of installing JAuthTools in general, this is perhaps the easiest method:
http://sammoffatt.com.au/knowledge-base ... 15?start=2

Apologies for reviving a mildly old thread, was looking for another thread I'd thought I had a link to but didn't and found this.
Sam Moffatt
Updater, Installer and Authentication Systems
JoomlaCode Backend Systems
Pie.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”