Guest (public) Photo Gallery uploading

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
the-ownage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Guest (public) Photo Gallery uploading

Post by the-ownage » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:33 am

I looked through most of the photo gallery extensions but haven't found one that explicitly states that guests can upload images to a photo gallery.

Does anyone know of an extension that allows anyone to upload multiple photos to a photo gallery without user registration?

Something that allows public write access to make albums or something.

br0ther_bruce
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Guest (public) Photo Gallery uploading

Post by br0ther_bruce » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:28 am

Have you tried this extension "http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... llery/5396"
I have not used this one as it is a commercial extension but have a read and see if it can help you..

Or you can try "http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... llery/5481" this is non-commercial and offers user-created uploads and categories

Hope this helps....
Br0ther Bruce
I hope this helps..if not at least I tried

the-ownage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by the-ownage » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:13 am

br0ther_bruce wrote:Have you tried this extension "http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... llery/5396"
I have not used this one as it is a commercial extension but have a read and see if it can help you..

Or you can try "http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... llery/5481" this is non-commercial and offers user-created uploads and categories

Hope this helps....
Those are both nice extensions, but I'm afraid they lack the feature I'm looking for unless someone who has used either of them says otherwise.

wolstaneye
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by wolstaneye » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:03 am

why dont you try directly, instead of waiting for some other to use

garykirkham
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by garykirkham » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:31 am

joomgallery has this function

the-ownage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by the-ownage » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm

garykirkham wrote:joomgallery has this function
No it doesn't.

http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/ind ... pic=1349.0

br0ther_bruce
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by br0ther_bruce » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:01 pm

the-ownage wrote:
No it doesn't.

dude the community will definitely help you but you need to take the time first and try all these options out....if an extension does not quite have what you need email the developers some are more than happy to help you out by recommending changes that you can make to get the desired outcome.....but first get these options a go.....

Besides all this it takes 2minutes to register via Joomla! so I don't think most people would have a problem with this but once again if you email the JoomGallery developers they may be able to recommend some setting changes you could make to get what you want... :D
Br0ther Bruce
I hope this helps..if not at least I tried

the-ownage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by the-ownage » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 pm

br0ther_bruce wrote:
the-ownage wrote:
No it doesn't.

dude the community will definitely help you but you need to take the time first and try all these options out....if an extension does not quite have what you need email the developers some are more than happy to help you out by recommending changes that you can make to get the desired outcome.....but first get these options a go.....

Besides all this it takes 2minutes to register via Joomla! so I don't think most people would have a problem with this but once again if you email the JoomGallery developers they may be able to recommend some setting changes you could make to get what you want... :D
I am seemingly one of the few that actually take the initiative to test options out that people attempt to help me with instead of continuously asking for help on a forum. Outside of this time, I spend hours troubleshooting. This is why I told you I have looked through just about every extension-- to test each of these would take much more time and in-the-end be more counter-productive than waiting for an individual with first-hand experience to tell me an extension works for gust uploading. So far, no one with first-hand experience with guest registration has posted in this thread, and I hope one runs into it. Until then, I will continue to search.

You can best guess that developers either will or they will not support this feature. I have been searching on forums to see which developers have commented on the guest uploading feature from previous people who inquired about it. So far, none support it.

Now here's the funny thing. There is more code involved to have user uploading than guest uploading.

jmtmay
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jmtmay » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:40 pm

Did you find an extension that would do this? I need the same thing.

the-ownage
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by the-ownage » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:09 pm

Phoca Gallery - It's got to be the best one out there, and it's non-commercial so that's nice.

hockey2112
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hockey2112 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

the-ownage wrote:Phoca Gallery - It's got to be the best one out there, and it's non-commercial so that's nice.
I installed and tested Phoca Gallery, but I cannot find any way to allow anonymous users (guests) to upload photos to galleries. Can you please elaborate on how you made this happen with Phoca Gallery?

mohsen35
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mohsen35 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am

You can use flexicontent. But I have troubles using it.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”