Make use of jscript drop down menu

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
crosswire
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Make use of jscript drop down menu

Post by crosswire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 am

I mocked up a frontpage in dreamweaver to see what my template would look like
I have a vertical side menu which is just opened list and a dynamic jscript horizontal top drop down menu.
When i moved to joomla
the main menu became my vertical sidemenu from above mockup.
My jscript top drop down, well i just ported it over to the template below the banner and it all seemed to work.
Now I created all the sections , categories for vertical menu on left but now im wondering if i would be ok doing the same for top drop down even though im not using a joomla menu module for it like a top menu(which doesnt seem to work).
Can i still link articles to the top drop down. I would rather have the top drop embed into the joomla menu but i cant get it to work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

287d
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Make use of jscript drop down menu

Post by 287d » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 am

if i understand you correctly you could...

1. get the individual article urls and then write them into your template where you have written in your top menu.

2. use something like the suckerfish menu extension which you install into joomla. it uses the drop down effects which i think is what you are trying to do...
just look for it in extensions.

crosswire
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Make use of jscript drop down menu

Post by crosswire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 am

im looking into the ari-ext right now

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”