PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
gwmbox
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in

Post by gwmbox » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:12 am

Hi all

I am in real need of assistance to fix the error message that keeps being added to our error_log file, I have tried everything I can think of to remove this issue but so far no luck, I have spent many hours trying to get it fixed and really really need your help.

Code: Select all

[05-Apr-2011 16:53:52] PHP Fatal error:  Unsupported operand types in /home/mysite/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/router.php on line 140
[05-Apr-2011 16:55:05] PHP Warning:  array_merge() [<a href='function.array-merge'>function.array-merge</a>]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/mysite/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/router.php on line 218
The site login is via the JomSocial 'Hello Me' module login. The Joomla login module exists and is published but is hidden and the kunena login is replaced with the JomSocial login. The JomSocial login has the 'Profile' set for successful login and the FrontPage of JomSocial for logout - can;t set it to site home. The Joomla and Kunena logins are both set to Joomla site home for login and logout. I have also tried setting those to JomSocial profile and frontpage respectively to see if that fixed the issue, but no luck so far.

Site details in my signature, components in use;
JomSocial 2.0.6, Kunena, Sobi2 installs (8 clones), PhocaGallery, Tag Meta, JCE, Fly 06 Spammer Blocker, Akeeba, Google search, NinjaRSS, RSForm Pro, rsshowform, xmap

Thanks

GW
If you don't ask....
Help yourself, use Firebug with Firefox

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in

Post by leolam » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:56 am

Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -
#Joomla Webmaster Services: gws-webmaster.services

gwmbox
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: PHP Fatal error: Unsupported operand types in

Post by gwmbox » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 am

Hi I tried to work out what to change but whatever I did caused another error and stop the site from working, the error was

Server error
The website encountered an error while retrieving http://dogsites.com.au/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request
What I did was within my JOOMLA_ROOT/includes/router.php file I changed lines 147 to 149 from (my line 137 is a blank line);

$item = $menu->getItem($this->getVar('Itemid'));
if($item !== NULL && is_array($item->query)) {
$vars = $vars + $item->query;
to

$item = $menu->getItem($this->getVar('Itemid'));
$query = $item->query;
if(gettype($query) == 'array')
$vars = $vars + $query;
Which is what is on the link you gave me.

Did I do something wrong, or did I change the wrong code, what can I do to fix please?

Note my site info in my signature, I am using 1.5.23 and that link you gave me seems to identify it is for 1.5.8

Thanks

GW
If you don't ask....
Help yourself, use Firebug with Firefox

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”