New Cookie Regulation in the EU

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.
wdarlington
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: New Cookie Regulation in the EU

Post by wdarlington » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:43 am

sputnikweb wrote:I think the UK government has realised that this is fairly unworkable - at least for the immediate future. The BBC have an article on it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13541250
I agree, does that mean we don't have to be worried in the UK
MyLondonLet Admin
Serviced Apartments London
http://www.mylondonlet.com

garn222
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by garn222 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:08 pm

I do not know if there have been any updates on this since 2014, but I know that every commercial website in Denmark notifies the user that the site is using cookies. I tried using a extension that blocks the site cookies upon confirmation from the user to comply with the rules, however I noticed that it was only the site cookies and not ex. statcounter or Google cookies.

But I discovered something shocking to me when investigating the tracks of the cookies, it seems that the core Joomla places a cookie and please note that this is a cookie that the new laws in the EU was actually made to prevent; it places a tracking cookie from a company called intenta.io (pixel.intenta.io) which specialices in selling information to companies about user activities. I know that Joomla CMS is a opensource freeware, but this is pretty bad if Joomla is sponsored by selling informbation about users distrubited through millions of copies from small websites to bigger companies and I fail to understand why anybody have noticed the cookies or am I completly wrong here??

The cookie is even present on this forum, it could be that it is a simple statistic cookie, but it worries me that the company's main activities are to sell marketing information to companies.

My problem is that I am not able to remove or disable the cookie (I am not an expert coder).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jk1
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by jk1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:16 pm

I don't see that cookie listed here in the forum. I suppose it's part of a browser extension or mobile app you are using and which intenta has partnered with.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”