Module position mind boggler!

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
igolfniray
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Module position mind boggler!

Post by igolfniray » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:48 pm

I've got a pickle of a problem regarding putting ads on a site.

I'm running J1.5.23.

I have a module position called 'above content' that sits (obviously) just above the content bit of the page.

This is where I'm dropping in a 'banner' using the core banner component.

So far so good.

I've been reliably told that banners can only be positioned on 'content' pages and so must not appear on entry forms/ article submission forms/ contact forms etc.

I know I can choose when a module shows or not under certain menu links, but how do I decide what specific pages ads show on.

In other words, how do I make the banner not show when one of my site users clicks 'submit review' inside a component - say Mosets Tree, or Jomsocial... how do I make an ad show in some pages within a menu heading and not others?

dylanjh
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Module position mind boggler!

Post by dylanjh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:13 pm

You need metamod. It lets you decide where modules show based on the result of php code. This way you can have much more flexibility over where the modules show.
EmailAsUsername - Remove Usernames Joomla! Virtuemart And JomSocial registration http://www.lunarhotel.co.uk Many other extensions supported.

igolfniray
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Module position mind boggler!

Post by igolfniray » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Thank you! I'm on their site now getting advice.

Ray.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”