Joomla 1.5 and missing database tables

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
techless
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 1.5 and missing database tables

Post by techless » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi All

A complete non-techie and Joomla newbie here looking for help/advice in regards to missing database tables - can these be recreated/regenerated?

Background as follows;
Website created for me in Joomla 1.5, way back in 2010 and "complete website" (zipped) emailed by its creator to me to enable my new Hosting company to migrate it to their web server.

However, the new Hosting company informed me that the compressed archive file that I was sent did not contain the entire website but merely the SQL file, the website Header (Photoshop image) and a Vector.aI file. They have informed me that they cannot migrate the website without the "missing database tables"

My question; is there any way that these missing database tables can be regenerated? and, if not, what options do I have, if any? The old hosting company no longer has a backup of the website and the person who created it in Joomla has since deleted it from his records.

I can see a snapshot of the website via the Wayback Machine but that's of little use to me now.

Any guidance help that anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla 1.5 and missing database tables

Post by dhuelsmann » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:59 pm

Joomla 1.5 reached End of Life in September 2012 and is a significant security hazard now. Current version is 3.6.2. And, no there is no way of regenerating the missing database tables. Joomla keeps all of the articles and data in those tables. Once gone they are gone for good.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

techless
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Joomla 1.5 and missing database tables

Post by techless » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi Dave

I very much appreciate your clear and timely response.
I know what I'm up against now and this saves me wasting time looking for an impossible solution!

Thank you once again for taking the time to advise me on this Joomla related issue.

Kind regards

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”