Site navigation Gone, please help

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
technomatters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Site navigation Gone, please help

Post by technomatters » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Dear All,

The website was build in joomla 1.5 long back. But the designer was not available. recently when i see the website it is showing the misalignment of menu. Dont know why. Can you please check and let me know why this happened.

please check the site navigation

http://apmotronix.com/

thanks in advance.
Please read the forum rules regarding the use of signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

FishEagle
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Site navigation Gone, please help

Post by FishEagle » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:00 pm

Do you have access to the back-end? I can't "Inspect", site is blocking me. I'm guessing... Looks like the module (main menu) positioning is wrong, or the module class suffix of template (for the main menu) is removed/changed.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:03 pm

your site is very out of date . its not even the last version of joomla 1.5.
perhaps your host has updated the php etc and that has caused issues. it really is time to update your site
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

technomatters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by technomatters » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:08 am

@FishEagle - thanks for your advise. Yes, i have backend access. Whatever changes i am doing, that was not reflecting in the site.

For example, instead of main menu i have select another menu in module manager --> mod_mainmenu --> i have selected another menu and saved.

It says changes saved. But the menu is not displaying in the front end. Same old menu showing.

So i think it is not saving anything.

@mandville - Thanks for your advise, yes its very older version. once we fix this issue i will inform the company to get new version of the site

Let me know if any solution

Thanks
Please read the forum rules regarding the use of signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

FishEagle
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by FishEagle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:53 am

@technomatters What mandville is trying to say I think - It's quite possible that you will fix the issue by updating your site to the latest Joomla version. Compatibility issues needs to be excluded first before trying something else.

technomatters
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by technomatters » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 am

@FishEagle - i have fixed the menu issue. There was some code replaced with some malware code. I found and replaced. Now its working fine.

Now i have informed the client to go with latest version

Thanks to all.

FishEagle
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by FishEagle » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:54 pm

@technomatters I'm happy for you! :)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”