Fatal Error after updating Contact content

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
LilianaCarballo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Fatal Error after updating Contact content

Post by LilianaCarballo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:26 pm

Hi!

I'm currently assisting on updating information on a website and we're currently using Joomla! 1.5.23 and PHP version 5.2.17.

This website was developed by someone else and the administrator password to access the joomla admin was lost so I had to edit the password directly from the database after I managed to get to the contact information I was getting the memory limit error so I edit both index.php files on the root and administrator folder.

After all of this I managed to get the edit page so I did, I changed the phone number and pum! This happened:
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Hosting\7872511\html\includes\helper.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\7872511\html\index.php on line 23
Website is down I need help but I'm not having luck understanding what's the problem, I read that we could probably re-upload all the files but I'm not sure how to do this, additionally I'm sure this happened after I updated the contact information and all we need is to update the phone number.

Here's my workaround so far:

I searched for helper.php file and it's not on the root so I created a copy from the administrator folder into the root but then the error changes to Failed opening requiered toolbar.php
Warning: require_once(D:\Hosting\7872511\html\includes\toolbar.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Hosting\7872511\html\index.php on line 24

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Hosting\7872511\html\includes\toolbar.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\7872511\html\index.php on line 24
I copy the toolbar.php from the administrator folder again and put it at the root include folder and got a different error message:
404 - Not Found
At this point not even the back-end works. Not sure what else I can do.

Thank you! I hope we can fix this asap.
Last edited by toivo on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x - please post into the correct forum in the future

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Fatal Error after updating Contact content

Post by toivo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:54 am

LilianaCarballo wrote:I was getting the memory limit error so I edit both index.php files on the root and administrator folder.
Editing core files is not recommended.
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'D:\Hosting\7872511\html\includes\helper.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in D:\Hosting\7872511\html\index.php on line 23
The files includes/helper.php is not part of Joomla 1.5 and index.php does not have an include or require statement for helper.php either. Your site has either been modified by the previous developer or, considering how out of date and vulnerable the site has been, it is possible that the site has been hacked.
LilianaCarballo wrote:I copy the toolbar.php from the administrator folder again and put it at the root include folder and got a different error message:
Mixing and matching core files from different folders, even if the file has the same name, is not going to work.

You may already know that your Joomla version has been several years out of support and therefore vulnerable to malware attacks. The Joomla forum has the documentation how to migrate and upgrade to a supported version, Joomla 3.6.5. Check the technical requirements first and update PHP, too: https://downloads.joomla.org/technical-requirements
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”