Problem activating SSL on Joomla 1.5 site

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Wlk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Problem activating SSL on Joomla 1.5 site

Post by Wlk » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Cant figure where is the problem. I got admin part working over HTTPS without problems, same for frontend when user (any user, even basic reader level) is logged in. But for anonymous users system wrongly translates relative paths to HTTP even when I open site from HTTPS address. So when you come to HTTPS version of web without prior logging in, browser blocks all scripts/css, because they are linked from HTTP. When I login, it works fine. Any tips or ideas?

Tried ForceSSL and disabling cache, no change. And I cant upgrade site unfortunately - no budget for it.

Wlk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Problem activating SSL on Joomla 1.5 site

Post by Wlk » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:24 am

Update to my problem, found out that source of problem is probably caching module. When anonymous visitor comes to web over unsecured HTTP and cache is empty, caching module stores his version of web together with information its HTTP. And if I come over HTTPS as anonymous user, I get his HTTP version - and its broken.

If I come over HTTPS to website first as anonymous user, cache engine stores my version of page, which is then served as basic to all even HTTP visitors.

Any idea if there is any setting in cache to avoid this so cached version doesnt store info about protocol and let URI.PHP generate urls according to actual visitors settings?

Unfortunately I have Joomla 1.5.10 and cant upgrade at least to 1.5.26 - but maybe I can upgrade just cache module?

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”