Does Joomla uses cookies?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
antonios
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Does Joomla uses cookies?

Post by antonios » Thu May 17, 2018 5:43 pm

Hi
I still have an active Joomla 1.5.X installation of Joomla (shame on me!!!) and I'd like know if my Joomla site uses cookies by default. Is there a way to check that out? If yes I'd like to see where they are generated in order to comply with the latest RGDP law on data .
Best regards

lefteriskavadas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: Does Joomla uses cookies?

Post by lefteriskavadas » Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi,

Yes, it does. Open the developer tools of your browser to see the cookies. GDPR has nothing to do with the way cookies are generated. It has to do with the way your site handles user personal data. It also requires clear statements about the usage of the cookies and options to revoke permissions. Actually, GDPR is huge a forum post cannot cover everything about it.

Regards
Joomla Extensions https://www.firecoders.com/

antonios
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Does Joomla uses cookies?

Post by antonios » Fri May 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks, I just managed to see that my joomla only has 1 session cookie.

How can I create a message at the bottom of the page that explains about the cookies policy and has a button that invites the user to agree with it other wise it will stay put. Apparently this must be done because of this new law.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”