Getting files out of Joomla 1.5 Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
micheler_66
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Getting files out of Joomla 1.5

Post by micheler_66 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:25 pm

Hi - I've been asked to download the content from a very old version of Joomla and I can't figure out how to do it. They don't care about articles written within Joomla, but the site has a lot of Word docs, PDFs, PPTs, etc that were uploaded to the site using the Joomla File Browser (i.e. they were uploaded using Joomla, not using FileZilla or similar). I'd like to use ftp to just batch-download all these files. I can see all these files via the Joomla File Browser, but when I ftp into the site, I don't see them anywhere. Help?

Added: I've done some googling, and most "how to export" information talks about looking in /public_html/ or /htdocs/ folders. This Joomla site doesn't have either of those folders.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Getting files out of Joomla 1.5

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:37 pm

/public_html/ or /htdocs/ is the web root of the web server. It's here you will find the configuration.php file.

What you are looking for is in the /media or /images folder located under the web root.

An issue is what user account the web server is running under, and that the ftp user does not have privileges to the files owned by the web server.

micheler_66
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Getting files out of Joomla 1.5

Post by micheler_66 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:59 pm

Yessssss!! I looked in the media folder and they're all there. Thank you so much :)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”