Website menu/template Crashed..HELP!

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
CedarJames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Website menu/template Crashed..HELP!

Post by CedarJames » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi,

My name is James, I'm work for a mental health clinic, and we use joomla for our website development. We are in version 1.5.....

I tried to make a change to a banner today, and try to take something down, and now my website menu has crashed....I am able to click on the menu buttons, but they are no longer visually available....our website is used to provide important mental health services, please help out/provide feedback if you can! Our website is linked here: https://cedarclinic.org/

Thank you,
James

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Website menu/template Crashed..HELP!

Post by toivo » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:50 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Can you remember what it was that was changed and how was it done? Did you work in the Joomla 1.5 back end or through FTP or MySQL?

Do you or your host have a recent full backup that could be restored?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 pm

The website seems to work OK - not crashed in the true sense of that word.

From observation, all that I can tell is wrong is for some reason the left hand menu has white-text links against a white background. Should it have a blue background, like the section below it (starting at the search form)?

When I go to one of those pages, I then see the "active" link as yellow text in the menu.

Is it the menu you refer to as a banner? I don't see anything I would classify as a banner as such.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

CedarJames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by CedarJames » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:18 pm

AMurray wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:30 pm
The website seems to work OK - not crashed in the true sense of that word.

From observation, all that I can tell is wrong is for some reason the left hand menu has white-text links against a white background. Should it have a blue background, like the section below it (starting at the search form)?

When I go to one of those pages, I then see the "active" link as yellow text in the menu.

Is it the menu you refer to as a banner? I don't see anything I would classify as a banner as such.
Hi,

Thank you for your response, and helping me get my language correct. I'm completely new at this! That is exactly the issue we are running into, is that the it doesn't have a blue background. You are correct, that is the "Menu" that I am referring to as the banner....it was the banner that I went into change however, and ran into this error.....

If a quick solution may be changing the background color of the menu, could you please direct me how to do this? I can't find the place to change it in the backend.

Best,
James

CedarJames
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by CedarJames » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm

toivo wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:50 pm
Welcome to the forum!

Can you remember what it was that was changed and how was it done? Did you work in the Joomla 1.5 back end or through FTP or MySQL?

Do you or your host have a recent full backup that could be restored?
Hi Toivo,

Thanks for your quick response. We don't have a full backup.....we are currently working through the backend. I went in to remove a banner "flash banner", made an update, and the formatting of the menu/template shifted so we can no longer read the menu items in the top left menu. Having difficulty figuring out how to edit this in the backend.

Best,
James

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”