Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in - How can i fix it? Topic is solved

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in - How can i fix it?

Post by elisaveli » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Hi all, I have a problem. Some weeks ago I couldn't see my website anymore. I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in /membri/mysite/includes/framework.php:21 Stack trace: #0 /membri/mysite/index.php(22): require_once() #1 {main} thrown in /membri/mysite/includes/framework.php on line 21

I get the same error if I try to visualize the administrator login page :( very sad story my dear :(

What can I do?
Last edited by toivo on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 3.x General Questions

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in - How can i fix it?

Post by toivo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:55 pm

Looking at the line number of the PHP fatal error message, your website must be using Joomla 1.5, not 3.x.

The following topic from three years ago explains what has happened:
help with fatal error 'undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime()'

The solution was to downgrade PHP to version 5.6 and then start planning the upgrade of Joomla 1.5 to a supported version, currently 3.9.24.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function set_magic_quotes_runtime() in - How can i fix it?

Post by elisaveli » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:17 pm

Thanks @Toivo. Unfortunately I already tried this solution... this is what i get downgrading the PHP version to 5.6 (but there are infinite lines...):

Deprecated: Non-static method JUtility::parseAttributes() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /membri/my_site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php on line 382

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::load() should not be called statically in /membri/my_site/libraries/loader.php on line 161

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /membri/my_site/libraries/loader.php on line 138

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::load() should not be called statically in /membri/my_site/libraries/loader.php on line 161

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::register() should not be called statically in /membri/my_site/libraries/loader.php on line 138

[etc. etc.]

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:40 pm

Do you know which version of PHP was used before your website went blank weeks ago?

Did your host let you know beforehand that they were going to upgrade PHP or migrate the website to a different server?

Please post the results from the Forum Post Assistant (FPA) by following the instructions at https://forumpostassistant.github.io/docs so that the configuration can be reviewed.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:48 pm

Try php 5.2

You may not have updated to 1.5.26
https://downloads.joomla.org/cms/joomla ... format=zip

elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elisaveli » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:29 pm

Hi Per Yngve Berg, unfortunately I cannot use any version of the PHP below 5.6. Maybe you are right. It was the 5.2. And probably u are still right supposing I didn't update my Joomla to 1.5.26. Downgrading my PHP version to 5.6, I am able to log in the ADMIN page. Now how I can upgrade my joomla version to 1.5.26? I am actually using Joomla! 1.5.24 Stable [ senu takaa ama naiki ] 17-October-2011 18:00 GMT.

Toivo NO. I didn't get any alert about the PHP upgrading.

I don't know how to upgrade my Joomla Version from 5.24 to 5.26 (hoping that this will solve the problem). Is anyone helping me? Thanks :)

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:18 pm

Download the update package. Unzip it an upload to your site.

The 1.5 version does not have an updater.

elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elisaveli » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm

I have uploaded all the file. Now I have the version Joomla! 1.5.26 Stable [ senu takaa ama busani ] 27-March-2012 18:00 GMT, but still... unfortunately I get the same error:

Deprecated: Non-static method JUtility::parseAttributes() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /membri/my_site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php on line 382

Deprecated: Non-static method JModuleHelper::getModules() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /membri/my_site/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/modules.php on line 40

Deprecated: Non-static method JModuleHelper::_load() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /membri/my_site/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php on line 88

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:54 pm

Turn off Error Reporting in Global Configuration.

elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elisaveli » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:30 pm

Thanks Per Yngve Berg. Unfortunately it doesn't work. I get the same error...
I am so sad... really sad...

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:36 am

I suspect it's your template that is not compatible.

elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elisaveli » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 am

I can make a try... but... it seems that if I spend 2 hours to upgrade Joomla to the newest version... maybe it is better/faster/easier. Keeping fighting with the past, probably, it is not anymore convinient.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:06 am

Two hours may not be quite sufficient, but that depends mainly on the number of third party extensions. The migration process is documented in the sticky topics at Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 3.x, especially in the tutorial Practical Guide to migrate from J1.5.xx to J3.x.

In any case, the website, the template and third party extensions will need to be reviewed before the migration can start. It would be best to do first trial migrations in a localhost environment on a workstation, running for example Wampserver, where you can easily swap between different versions of PHP.

If you need help from Joomla experts, post topics to the migration forum. You can also post your requirements to the Professional Development Services forum with your preferred method of contact. Read first the sticky topic in that sub forum.

elisaveli
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elisaveli » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:13 am

Thanks Toivo.

I want to add that the suspect of Per Yngve Berg is right: changing the template the website is ok. So the problem is, I suppose, an incompatibility of the template.

Toivo I will be quite drastic. I will save my old website on my PC and I will just upload the newest version of Joomla ex novo. Re-doing my website.

The "migration" is not a good solution. Because I have modules of the old template (Joomla 1.5) that will never match my new template (Joomla 3).

Maybe the only solution to save time is to find a "similar" template compatible with Joomla 1.5 and just changing the template.

Thanks all for your support.
At the end the solution proposed by Per Yngve was OK.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”