Problems with Use Apache mod_rewrite and broken links

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
pbronizio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problems with Use Apache mod_rewrite and broken links

Post by pbronizio » Tue May 01, 2012 6:23 am

Hi

I've just moved my site among sub directory to main one then I renamed the htacess.tct to .htacess and made the ammends on the configuaration.php file. But when I allowed Use Apache mod_rewrite I received the 404 error for the internal links.
If I return the Use Apache mod_rewrite off it add on the urls of each page index.php.

So, how do I fix it?

Thanks

Rafaelo191
I've been banned!

Re: Problems with Use Apache mod_rewrite and broken links

Post by Rafaelo191 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:08 pm

I had a similar problem. I solved the problem so that I turned off the cache in Joomla and I cleaned the cache. In addition, the modular joomla sef turned off. It helped me.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Problems with Use Apache mod_rewrite and broken links

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Check that mod_rewrite is enabled on your server, ask Host if applicable. Open a copy of the htaccess file in a text only reader and try enabling the lines suggested for servers where the standard htaccess file doesn't work. If you had the htaccess file enabled in a subfolder you were probably using the RewriteBase line, that should be commented out if your are in the root of your public folder now, or change the folder name if in a new folder.

Return to “Installation 1.5”