PHP Strict not turning off

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rsajid
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

PHP Strict not turning off

Post by rsajid » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:56 am

Hi all,

I am very new to Joomla and PHP (one week experience) and have to support its very initial version 1.0.15 :) Now I am being asked to upgrade to latest PHP version (as security recommendation) which is 5.5.9 on IIS 7

Now I have set up the server with following details

PHP: 5.5.9
IIS: 7

But when I am trying to set up the Joomla 1.0.15 site I am getting PHP Strict and Deprecated errors / warnings. I have tried following.

In php.ini
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT
display_errors = Off

in configuration.php
$mosConfig_display_errors = 'Off';
$mosConfig_error_reporting = -1; also $mosConfig_error_reporting = 'E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT' and some other numeric combinations posted on different forums.

But nothing seems to have an effect on the outcome. Please note that the site is currently running live on following platform without any problem
IIS: 6
PHP: 5.4.3

I have exhausted all my options. Please let me know if Joomla 1.0.15 even supports PHP 5.5.9

I know that I am talking about a very old version here but please help me on this.

Thanks & regards,

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: PHP Strict not turning off

Post by toivo » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:29 am

If your site is currently running without problem, you should be given enough time to test a migration path to a supported version, at least to Joomla 2.5 because you are likely to have difficulties with 1.0.x under PHP 5.5: http://www.joomla.org/technical-requirements.html

You can install Wamp from http://wampserver.com/en on a workstation, use a copy of your site and test the migration using the same PHP version as your server. If you install several versions of PHP as add-ons, make sure they are all either 64-bit or 32-bit, consistent with the rest of the apps in the Wamp bundle.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:34 pm

PHP 5.3 was not supported till Joomla 1.5.15. Not sure if Joomla 1.5 supports php 5.5 never mind Joomla 1.0.

rsajid
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rsajid » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 am

Thank you both for replying to this.

@toivo we are going to migrate this site eventually but I needed this upgrade as there are some security concerns.

@dpacadmin, strangely the same Joomla site (1.0.15) is running fine on PHP 5.4.3

Thanks and regards,

Return to “Installation 1.5”