JFTP Errors.... JFTP::mkdir: Bad response

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
GreggS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

JFTP Errors.... JFTP::mkdir: Bad response

Post by GreggS » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:47 am

I have loaded 1.5.1 and have been able to get FTP activivated....but I can't seem to upload/install and templates, mods, etc.... I keep getting this..
JFTP::mkdir: Bad response
JFTP::chmod: Bad response
JFTP::store: Bad response

but I can successfully upload items from the media side... I tried changing PHP up from 4.4 and then back again based on another post and I went into config and made sure all settings were correct including the host.....- no luck either way..... Thoughts...
Last edited by humvee on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added resolved icon

GreggS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: JFTP Errors.... JFTP::mkdir: Bad response

Post by GreggS » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Anyone have any possible ideas as my site is completely down without being able to load any templates at all... JFTP is not working.... I talked to my host and they couldn't find anything either.... I'm about to erase it all and start from scratch again.....and load it myself - I did use a batch install from the hosts control panel....

If I try to turn off JFTP - it still won't work - I get other errors..... Thoughts! and Thanks!!!!

GreggS
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

SOLVED Re: JFTP Errors.... JFTP::mkdir: Bad response

Post by GreggS » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:26 am

I solved the problem... I originally installed Joomla through the control panel via a batch install process - similar to Fantastico... I then uninstalled and did a manual install of Joomla - now it works great.....

Also - I couldn't at first connect to my database until I checked the box to get rid of old tables rather than backup....just and FYI...

Return to “Administration 1.5”