Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Stanoz_dot_com
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Post by Stanoz_dot_com » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:56 am

Joomla!'s easy to learn, I've learnt...
(Familiarizing myself with XAMPP took me much longer than did Joomla!)

Jess', you've got to learn to find things out for yourself... (Like what a Yahoo! handle is!)

("Heuristic Learning"; Learning on your own through trial and error. Self-teaching. Problem solving in turn leading to learning and discovery.)

You've got to learn to "Google" what it is that you wanna know...

Anywayz... So as not to be a total grouch...

Your Yahoo! handle is your Yahoo! Identification name.
[email protected].
"blabla" is the handle.
It is with this name that that person logs in, chats, et cetera.

Reisfield
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Reisfield » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:58 pm

Might as well stay on the same thread.

I am receiving the same error message but after uploading my localhost site to my hosting account at Godaddy.

FTPed all the files/folders to the root directory. Created an SQL file and restored the backup of my local database. Modified all the salient lines in configuration.php and still get the same results.

Aaron1885
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Aaron1885 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:16 am

hi there!
can you help me that I have meet the same problem.And I have did it as you said,but I can find the configuration.php file in my Joomla file.what can I do ?how solve it?
thank you!
And thank everyone !
谢谢!
Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.

konsultor
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to M

Post by konsultor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:32 pm

humvee wrote: Click the link to open the PHPMyAdmin interface with the MySQL database.
When the start page of the database appears (or it might be a login screen first off if you have added any passwords to this during set up) you will see a an input field for Create Database - enter a name for the database you are going to create. In the field immediately next to it you will see (probably) the word Collation selected from a whole list of names. Scroll down this list an select Utf-8 unicode. In the box immediately above these two you will see another list in this make sure that UTF-8 unicode is selected.
Now click the Create button.
All being well you will get a confirmation screen pop up on the screen Database xyz has been created.
There seems to be no icon for Eureka!
In hours of searching the manuals (on the web and in PDFs) this is the first mention that the installation process requires the admin/user to create Joomla's MySQL database before installing Joomla. I, and apparently others, assumed it was part of the Joomla installation process, so became confused when asked for the name of a database that hadn't been created yet.

Flinkly123
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to M

Post by Flinkly123 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:33 am

same problem, I solved it by updating the php from this page https://www.apachefriends.org/blog/new_ ... 40822.html

Return to “Installation 1.5”