Few months ago I moved from a shared server reseller account to a VPS. Then the problems began It is kind of "managed" VPS, where the hosting provider did setup the server. This is because I'm a noob when it comes to Unix systems. The problems are mainly based on running PHP as Apache server. I could only use FTP layer and all folder permissions were red. Tons of problems of course.
Anyway, I asked the provider to set-up another VPS so that I move the sites one by one. I read a lot on these but as I said it is easy to mix-up when you are not literate enough. Also, the host does not know Joomla.
One thing I know is one needs to know the scenario to decide:
- 4 * Intel Xeon E5420 @ 2.5 GHz
- 2 GB RAM
- 100 GB HD space
- 3 Gbps direct connection to backbone
- CENTOS 5.5 & WHM VPS Optimized 11.28.76
- Apache 2.2.17, PHP 5.2.16, MySQL 5.1.14
- DNS, FTP, E-Commerce, IMAP, Mail, POP3, SQL, SSH servers
- I plan to host about 10-20 Joomla! sites for my customers, no high traffic (yet), only a couple non-joomla custom script websites.
- Only my company has access to the server (customers only use Joomla "interface")
- We handle e-bulletins for our customers
- Usage of .htaccess
- Given the above scenario, is suPHP the way to go? Any other settings?
- Or should I go "php as a cgi" way? Fast-cgi? If so, what other settings?
- What other modules to compile/install?
- Any .htaccess related impacts except php.ini related ones?
- Mod SuPHP
- EAccelerator for PHP
- IonCube Loader for PHP
- Mod Security
- SourceGuardian for PHP
- Zend Optimizer for PHP
- Mod Perl
- Suhosin for PHP
- what else