Admin Page Blank after update using auto update.

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
GreatLandAK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Admin Page Blank after update using auto update.

Post by GreatLandAK » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:21 pm

Hello All,
I have tried to read through all the post on this issue and can't seem to find a solution. I am able to pull up an error log from today and getting pages of this error repeated.

[06-Sep-2013 01:20:01 America/Chicago] PHP Warning: curl_setopt_array(): CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when an open_basedir is set in /home/garctico/public_htm/libraries/joomla/http/transport/curl.php on line 143

My front page was blank but I was able to get that fixed from a prior forum. Now just trying to get into the admin.

I am able to log in but it just goes blank afterwards.

Please give me step by stem direction and where to go? I am a new user to Joomla.

Thanks for any help!

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: Admin Page Blank after update using auto update.

Post by dpacadmin » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Try enabling Error Reporting and see if you get a php error when you log into the backend. Edit your site's configuration.php file;
Set the site to
offline"1"

You can set debug
var $debug = '1';
and try the admin to see if it give more info.

You can set Error Reporting to max by changing the
var $error_reporting = '-1'
to
var $error_reporting = '6143'
then try the admin to see if you get more info.

If that fails try downloading a full set of the version of Joomla you are using and upload the administrator folder to your site. Make sure your FTP program is set to Auto and over write existing files. If you use FileZilla check the boxes on the bottom left to be sure none of your uploads failed, if so right click the failed files and select re-enqueue.

Since it may be a curl error check with your Host to be sure curl is enabled on your server. You can also check this by using the Forum Post Assistant on your site.

GreatLandAK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by GreatLandAK » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:50 am

Dpacadmin: Thanks for the reply, where do I find this configuration.php file?

Thanks again,
GLCC

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 pm

You need to FTP to your site, it is in the root folder of your site. Same folder the administrator folder is in. Open and edit the file in a text only editor like Notepad, rich text editors will break the file when you upload it back to your site.

GreatLandAK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by GreatLandAK » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:45 pm

Dpacadmin:
Thank you I am finally able to get into my back end! all except my control panel. I am getting this error.

Table wh4sb_postinstall_messages' doesn't exist SQL=SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `wh4sb_postinstall_messages`

Thank you again!

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:11 pm

That table is not part of a Joomla 1.5 install, you need to find out what extension is using that table and disable it to see if that fixes it. Could also be that table is part of a different Joomla version and you have mixed a Joomla 1.5 install's administrator folder with a 3.0, 2.5, 1.0 admin folder.

Return to “Installation 1.5”