No configuration file found and no installation code availab

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
speiros
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

No configuration file found and no installation code availab

Post by speiros » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:25 pm

This is the message I get after uploading the joomla system to my server. I have tried to install Joomla 1.5.0 to 1.5.26 Stable Patch Package.

I use cPanel, and I uploaded by ftp.

I read the forum article on changing the file called .htaccess, and followed the instructions of copying this over, after admin from cPanel said it was important.

Still, there is no website, whereas I had a message when I first got a joomla template on there of removing my config file completely. It didn't work.

I think I am having clusters of problems, as the whole universe is spinning around with technicalities, and I can't keep up. Please help me. I don't know about the php, and especially as my computer doesn't work properly with the db files thanks to a glitch on it (I use linux, and also, my host provider's server is linux too), I decided to upload directly to the server.

I used joomla templates back in 2010, or 2009 even, and had no problem. What's happened to my world??? Actually, different topic, but I know the answer. Please help me with this topic if you can. Thank you.

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: No configuration file found and no installation code ava

Post by dpacadmin » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:47 pm

Are you trying to update a Joomla website or are you trying to create a new Joomla website? The files you FTP'ed are for updating a Joomla 1.5 site, to create a new Joomla site you need to first create a database then use the full package file set to install Joomla.

speiros
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by speiros » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:29 am

Ah, am I really that much of a dummy...lol. It was the joomla package though, not just the patch. It had over 2000 files, and had the place for me to drop in my template too. Is it definitely still not installed? I'll check with the joomla website and confirm whether it is or isn't. I believe it is the correct one though, but I know what being wrong is like...lol. I'm quite skilled at that.

Okay, I believe I haven't set up the database first. When the site works to allow me to click on the "database" icon, I'll remove the files, then replace them after making a database. is that correct?

:D

dpacadmin
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by dpacadmin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:43 am

If you are doing a new install of Joomla you first need to create a database to install it to. Then you upload the files to your server, the full package not the update files, and you start the install by going to your domain's url.

Here is the manual for Joomla 1.5;
http://downloads.joomlacode.org/docmanf ... on_0.5.pdf
and the file set;
Joomla_1.5.26-Stable-Full_Package.zip

Here are the instruction for the latest version of Joomla;
http://docs.joomla.org/J3.2:Installing_Joomla!
and the file set;
Joomla_3.2.1-Stable-Full_Package.zip

If you are doing a new install you should go with the latest Joomla version, Joomla 3.2.1 .

Return to “Installation 1.5”