Error after moving joomla to another hosting

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
the_path2heaven
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Error after moving joomla to another hosting

Post by the_path2heaven » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:31 am

Hi all

My website is J1.5 , it was working perfect but after I transferred it into new hosting some errors appeared , even when I choosed " error reporting " to be " non " or even " simple "

the errors are

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/aqarss/public_html/plugins/system/jat3/core/joomla/modulehelper.php on line 320

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/aqarss/public_html/administrator/components/com_adsmanager/models/category.php on line 51

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/aqarss/public_html/administrator/components/com_adsmanager/models/category.php on line 70

please help me to fix them

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Error after moving joomla to another hosting

Post by toivo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:05 am

The site displays PHP warnings and notices. As a workaround, you can turn off error reporting by editing the file configuration.php:

Code: Select all

var $error_reporting = '0';
You should try to get your hosting provider to change the settings in the php.ini file so that errors and other types of messages are not displayed in the browser but written to the PHP error log. That is normally the standard setting for live sites.

The following setting works well in php.ini by suppressing those messages:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~(E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_STRICT | E_DEPRECATED)
This setting is presented as the numeric value 22517 at the back end of Joomla:
Help - System Information - PHP Information - error_reporting

You should seriously consider migrating the sites to Joomla 3.x. Please note that for Joomla 1.5 it is not a simple version upgrade but a migration which will most likely involve replacing obsolete templates and extensions.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

the_path2heaven
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by the_path2heaven » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:13 pm

toivo wrote:The site displays PHP warnings and notices. As a workaround, you can turn off error reporting by editing the file configuration.php:

var $error_reporting = '0';
You should try to get your hosting provider to change the settings in the php.ini file so that errors and other types of messages are not displayed in the browser but written to the PHP error log. That is normally the standard setting for live sites.

The following setting works well in php.ini by suppressing those messages:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~(E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_STRICT | E_DEPRECATED)
This setting is presented as the numeric value 22517 at the back end of Joomla:
Help - System Information - PHP Information - error_reporting

You should seriously consider migrating the sites to Joomla 3.x. Please note that for Joomla 1.5 it is not a simple version upgrade but a migration which will most likely involve replacing obsolete templates and extensions.

thanks for your reply , really appreciated

for configuration.php , I already sat error_reporting to zero , but it didn't fix the issue\

the second thing about php.ini , I don't know where to find it and where exactly to add this code

the problem for converting into joomla 3 , is I will have to change the template and all extensions and I will loose all data

thanks

stans20
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by stans20 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem here with an error reporting that will not turn off whatever I do ....

I created a php.ini file and included the line above.. did not work

I put this piece of code: php_value error_reporting 0 and: php_flag display_errors 0 in the .htaccess file.. but that also did not work

And ofcourse I set error reporting to none..

What I do the error reporting in the system info of Joomla says: 32767

Whatever I do..

I use Joomla 3.3

What can I do now? Anyone an idea?

Return to “Installation 1.5”