Joomla locally on MAMP: how to use FPT to upgrade version?

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
PaVi1990
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla locally on MAMP: how to use FPT to upgrade version?

Post by PaVi1990 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:32 pm

Hi all,
I have successfully imported my Joomla 1.5.18 based website locally on my computer using MAMP. Everything works fine. I have done it because I am willing to upgrade my Joomla to 1.5.26 and I would like to try it locally before doing on my online domain to double check that everything looks good (better safe than sorry).

I have just one question about it: upgrade in Joomla 1.5 means overwriting files through FTP. So far I have used FileZilla, but now that I would like to do it locally (on my MAMP) I do not know how to do it. I have tried with a trivial copy-and-past but it did not work. This process is not as refined, I guess, as the FTP overwriting process which looks directory by directory with better care and precision.

So I though about setting a Local connection profile on FileZilla (my beloved FTP client) following this guide:

Code: Select all

http://blog-en.mamp.info/2009/08/how-to-access-ftp-with-mamp.html
but unfortunately it does not work and it always shows this error:

Code: Select all

Status:      	Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Strangely I have not found other tutorials online, quite surprising since I do believe testing Joomla installations (and upgrades) locally should not be that unfrequent of a task?!

If this is not possible, how can I locally overwrite Joomla's files in a similar manner to the "FileZilla way"?

Thank you in advance to anybody that might help me! :)

Paolo

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Joomla locally on MAMP: how to use FPT to upgrade version?

Post by dhuelsmann » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:59 pm

PaVi1990 wrote:I have just one question about it: upgrade in Joomla 1.5 means overwriting files through FTP.
Get Akeeba Admin Tools for Joomla 1.5.x at
https://www.akeebabackup.com/download/o ... -2-12.html
Install and use its Joomla Core update feature. Instructions are available at the above url as well.
Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:29 pm

On localhost you can just use the File Manager in your OS to copy the files.

PaVi1990
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by PaVi1990 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:57 pm

Thank you both! :) I ended up using Akeeba, it is a gorgeous solution, easy and robust!

Paolo

Return to “Installation 1.5”