Unable to login to Administrator back-end

Joomla version 1.5 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
irina123
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Unable to login to Administrator back-end

Post by irina123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:30 pm

The website has been restored on a new server. The website itself works OK but I unable to login to Administrator. When trying to login with the correct password, it shows the original login page.
When I try to login with the wrong password an error message is displayed - so this is good.

After I set $debug= '1' in configuration.php, one of the queries that is shown is

UPDATE `jos_session`
SET `time`='1492106615',`userid`='0',`usertype`='',`username`='',`gid`='0',`guest`='1',`client_id`='1',`data`='__default|a:7:{s:15:\"session.counter\";i:3;s:8:\"registry\";O:9:\"JRegistry\":3:.........etc

When I do the same on a working joomla login, the query looks different

UPDATE `jos_session`
SET `time`='1492106534',`userid`='62',`usertype`='Super Administrator',`username`='admin',`gid`='25',`guest`='0',`client_id`='1',.......etc

I suspect that some in formation in user related tables got messed up (because I had to restore a few tables that were corrupt) and it does not recognize Admin as Admin.

Please help me figure it out.

Thank you

irina123
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Unable to login to Administrator back-end

Post by irina123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 pm

I attempted creating a new Super Administrator user by running queries below

INSERT INTO jos_users (id,name,username,email,password,usertype,block,sendEmail,gid) values (100,'Administrator','user1','[email protected]','531b5f50f082c59730b3bf7f9c457129:GA8lZqlJVZQbD8GYFGltJGNNIvjmcRcT','Super Administrator',0,1,25);
INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_aro VALUES (100,'users','100',0,'Administrator',0);
INSERT INTO jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map VALUES (25,'',100);

New user still cannot login. What condition did I not satisfy? Or is it some setting I am missing?

Return to “Installation 1.5”