Joomla + AEC + VirtueMart + CB

Discuss the integration of Joomla! with other products. ie SMF, phpbb etc etc

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
goodgbb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla + AEC + VirtueMart + CB

Post by goodgbb » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:50 am

- Joomla 1.013
- VirtueMart
- Account Expiration Control
- Community Builder

Do you know that how to make these 4 components to works well together?

PS. Never mind, I have found that how to make they works together. Thanks for checking this topic.
Last edited by goodgbb on Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boost traffic to your site for free, submit link now! - http://dir.kbbsite.com | Web Design - http://kbbsite.com

Jrox
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla + AEC + VirtueMart + CB

Post by Jrox » Sat May 24, 2008 11:43 pm

Well how about a fu*king fix jackass? Geezus, the rest of us are searching forums for help/solutions and you people just go on about life with no suggestions. Grrrrrr!

ah_salama
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by ah_salama » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:30 pm

it will be great if you explain your solution here

swordfish68
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by swordfish68 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:06 am

This seems to be a problem for a lot of people. Has anyone come up with a solution to get these fabulous components speaking the same language?

I am having real difficulties getting VirtueMart to work properly. My biggest issue is that unregistered users cannot purchase - they complete VM's registration form and are bumped to an error page. Their details are not recorded in the VM user table.

I am at my wit's end with this and am hoping someone might be able to help, or perhaps point me in the right direction? Any thoughts?

Gerry

quilthug
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by quilthug » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:33 am

Could someone please post a step-by-step guide as to how to integrate VM and AEC? I can't figure out how to get the two connected. Do I need Community Builder to do it? If so, how does it all come together!??!?

mywebwork
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mywebwork » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:26 am

I'm having problems getting AEC to work with Community Builder under Joomla 1.5 - works fine with Joomla 1.0.

Any and all help/suggestions appreciated!

Bill

andrewkingdon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andrewkingdon » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Well how about a fu*king fix jackass? Geezus, the rest of us are searching forums for help/solutions and you people just go on about life with no suggestions. Grrrrrr!
first of all, nice one Jroxs! Like your feedback and suggestions!

Second, I'm a website designer but I'm graphics based more than coding. I'm not that great but from what I have read, something should be able to be created.

What is it you want to do exactly with AEC, VM and CB?

cinta5
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by cinta5 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 pm

I'm looking for a solution as well. Need to be able to allow customers to buy our product to receive it once a month, we use virtuemart to sell the product.

baddkar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by baddkar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:50 pm

sorta looking for something similar.

I have Public, Customers (registered), and Members

Customers: access to their store account, possible customer content.
Members: access to member content, access to CB, forums, blog, ect., discount in VM
Public: anything that everyone can see.
------------------------------
Issues:

AEC - registers the users with a subscription plan
This gives member content access, access to CB, and discount in VM if they sign up for paid subscription.
The MI for VM places user in different shopper group for discount in store.

*Problem here is when a newly registered member wants to purchase in VM their VM account is empty even though they filled out the same information in registering for subscription.
----------------------------------------

VM:
If customer registers with site for only store purchasing their account is basically used for online store information.

*If the user then wants to upgrade to a Member account they must be given access to CB (in admin) before allowing for membership (no sync in user tables)
----------------------------------

Since I am using NOIXACL to control access to menus and content for members and customers, all i really need is the following.

1. User signs up with VM only = customer, if they then want a membership I want them added to CB and whatever else is available through membership.

2. User signs up with membership (aec) = member, if they then want to purchase from store they have to re-enter their details (same info from CB)

3. membership has expired = Member -> Customer (no more discount, no more access)

Counterpart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Counterpart » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:31 am

check this post here

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?t ... 9#msg89727

ive had all 3 working i cant remember exactly how i got around the issues but it does work. the information IS available on the net if you just keep looking. only issue i had was that CB was displaying 2 lots of info on the user page and couldnt work out how to get of it.

im no coder just a hack. so if i can get it working most Joomla users should be able to. good luck :)

Counterpart
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Counterpart » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:48 am

clay005
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by clay005 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:31 am

Do i have to install Community builder for AEC to work properly?

I have a problem about AEC time zone, and support ticket is not possible for me to send at there website, so maybe i can ask you guys about this time zone.

My joomla time zone is PST, but AEC time zone is saying CST how i can synchronize joomla time zone and aec time zone?

Thanks

Return to “Integration & Bridges - 1.0.x”