Joomla - Userplane Integration with CSXML.php

Discuss the integration of Joomla! with other products. ie SMF, phpbb etc etc

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
247mixers
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Joomla - Userplane Integration with CSXML.php

Post by 247mixers » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:54 am

For someone who has integrated another script to Joomla, these questions might be quite basic.

I am fairly new to Joomla and just could not get to the code to get the Session ID (sessionGUID), the User ID, and the User Name.

I need to be working on integrating Joomla with Userplane Webchat.  What documents contain the actual code and calls that I need to make this integration happen. 

Dexx
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla - Userplane Integration with CSXML.php

Post by Dexx » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:48 pm

I am also looking to integrate userplane with Joomla and would like to know how I request the current user's sessionID and userID to pass along in the call.

Anyone successful integrated a chat in their site before with user tracking?

EasyPeezy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by EasyPeezy » Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:01 pm

I paid a lot of money to get this done. $500 to be precise. Userplane doesn't want anyone doing the integration but one of their appointed integrators... they made it very difficult to understand. ???

Dwain
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Dwain » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:50 pm

EasyPeezy wrote: I paid a lot of money to get this done. $500 to be precise. Userplane doesn't want anyone doing the integration but one of their appointed integrators... they made it very difficult to understand. ???
Are you happy with the userplane integration other than the price of course? does it do what you had hoped?

runey
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by runey » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:14 am

This may be a bit rude to ask of you EasyPeezy but I will anyway... You can always tell me where to go if you like :)

What are the chances of you supplying the four files called csxml.php, wc.php, mc.php and cmd.php (or they may have different extensions)

Within those files should be the code required to get the sessionID and any other Joomla information required...

Anyway, like I said, feel free to say no... Perfectly understandable considering you coughed up the USD$500... I'm still trying to find a way around paying that much and this would get me, and many others, one step closer...

Thanks in advance

PS: I think I'll send you a PM as well in case you are no longer checking this thread...
Jason Hart (aka runey)
TrekCon
Your one stop site for all sci-fi / fantasy convention information
http://trekcon.com

morphedman101
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by morphedman101 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:07 am

Give this guy a try, he did my webchat and webmessenger integration in no time at all. Great guy. Great price! -----> www.garygchi.com

Creatorffm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Creatorffm » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:10 pm

runey wrote:This may be a bit rude to ask of you EasyPeezy but I will anyway... You can always tell me where to go if you like :)

What are the chances of you supplying the four files called csxml.php, wc.php, mc.php and cmd.php (or they may have different extensions)

Within those files should be the code required to get the sessionID and any other Joomla information required...

Anyway, like I said, feel free to say no... Perfectly understandable considering you coughed up the USD$500... I'm still trying to find a way around paying that much and this would get me, and many others, one step closer...

Thanks in advance

PS: I think I'll send you a PM as well in case you are no longer checking this thread...
If you have the know how, I have the files! :laugh:

Feel free to send me a pm

Cheers
Dave
Dave "Creator" Marshall

sazz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sazz » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:08 pm

hi, about the integration they have plugin for that, check http://wiki.userplane.com/docs/doku.php ... mbo-joomla

unfotunately its for j 1.0 only :(

piersol
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by piersol » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

I have provided the file from UserPlane. Does anyone know how to adjust as necessary so it can work with J1.5x?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Only exact URLs allowed in signature. Please read Forum Rules: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

aniphreak
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aniphreak » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:14 am

any updates for this?
Please read forum rules regarding signatures: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

bucknla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bucknla » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:44 am

well i reI personally just completed my integration of Joomla 2.5 with Userplane. It was not easy by any means but I'm willing to share what I've learned with you if you are interested let me know.
ad your post and i must say the guy who paid $500 really doesn't know what the files do. The 4 files he mentioned are part of Userplane's Integration but as far supplying you information how to retrieve date for their variables they do not. The supplied files are for 1 of 4 programming languages..I used the ones for PhP. So the for files were CSxml.php, wc.php, mc.php, and crossdomain.xml. Two most important for integrating userplan's webchat are the wc.php and CSXML.php. CSXML.php is the heart of the integration. This shuttles most of the data between Userplane's flash servers and you cms. If you open the file you'll see most of it is clearly XML tags insite to suttle data back and forth. Ultimately you have to come up with the php scripts to assign these variables yourself and change values in the XML .

bucknla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bucknla » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:08 am

when i started I thought I would just use lots of my_sq() statements and functions to do this and thought it would be a breeze. However most of time was spent getting who the current user in joomla. I even asked for help myself but none of the solutions worked. The infamous $user =& JFactory::getUser();
$username = $user->username;
$userid = $user->id;
which no one here could figure out why it wasn't giving me any values. In a nutshell JFactory class cannot be accessed outside of Joomla. Had great suggestions from many folks here but it didnt work. My solution was to download and use Jummi extension which lets you run custom JavaScript, php, JAVA from inside of Joomla as though it was a module. This where Ran the JFactory calls to get userid. I passed my variables from Jumi to wc.php in Userplane by sending the variables through a URL the loaded wc.php file outside of Joomla......

charliepingpong
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by charliepingpong » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:26 am

This is exactly what I want to do but cannot find any detailed instructions.

bucknla or any1 else can you please post some basic instructions please?

thanks

bucknla
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bucknla » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:00 am

first you need to put the userplane folder under joomla as though it were a module. Once you do that then you can use the othere joomla resources for getting current userid
i.e. $user =& JFactory::getUser();
$username = $user->username;
$userid = $user->id;
an extension i found very helpful in writing my own php code was Jumi

Return to “Integration & Bridges - 1.0.x”