Can Virtuemart and an Oscommerce bridge be it?

Discuss the integration of Joomla! with other products. ie SMF, phpbb etc etc

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
healinghq
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Can Virtuemart and an Oscommerce bridge be it?

Post by healinghq » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:38 pm

by the way... I know E-Z store is in the mix, and I have used it and I love it... for simple webstore solutions.... give me E-Z Store with Lockdowner (downloadable files via paypal) anyday... and Kathy at JustJoomla couldn't be more helpful.. she is terrific..

But for my own website I need something larger - something with Integrated Shipping and lots of integrated payment options - I am sure everyone has seen http://www.X-cart.com or their version of LiteCommerce... if not check it out - http://www.litecommerce.com --- my question is, how hard would it be to use a more robust ecommerce solution like x-cart, but to have it integrated with Joomla....

Is using the Wrapper even an option for something like this - would it be too hard to display properly within the wrapper, so that it looks good?

Is it that important that once someone logs into the store, they are logged into the site and vice versa..... I mean.. .the person who is purchasing is going to have to enter all their credit card info and address info anyhow.... so is a separate login to the store that big of a deal?

Does anyone know of a good example of a Joomla site with a very powerful e-commerce solution.....???

I guess I don't want to give up Joomla - I love it too much.....  but I need more than Virtuemart (which is obviously great.. better than anything I could do...) .......

Would love some help... thx,

aram

griggsupport
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Can Virtuemart and an Oscommerce bridge be it?

Post by griggsupport » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:03 pm

HELLO!? Is there anyone in the Joomla community listening?
I am in the same situation. I can not find a "built for joomla" commerce solution with matching capabilities of my litecommerce and I need it integrated to my joomla site. How about a bridge? Can anyone answere thsese questions?

OrangeCreative
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by OrangeCreative » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:34 pm

My guess is having a user login bridge for both packages is not a big deal. It has been done for several forums. What other features are you looking for?

I've made a Joomla (1.5) module to display selected products from an Avactis store. I can see a similar solution for an article plug-in that displays products in-line with articles (cross-selling). I was also thinking about adding a simplified product manager directly to the Joomla back-end, working with the cart database (tables). Can you imagine other options?

turnkeye
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by turnkeye » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:08 am

Armored wrote:I've made a Joomla (1.5) module to display selected products from an Avactis store.
Could you please post this module to the "extensions.joomla.org"? :-[
http://TurnkeyE.com - Web-design, Custom Development, Outsourcing services for Joomla!™

Return to “Integration & Bridges - 1.0.x”